Parachute badge

Anyone know if this can only be obtained through an official HQAC run course or if we can arrange our own (with the Army Parachute Association for instance) and then award the badge, much like a flying scholarship badge for those who do flying privately?
If we can, are there a minimum number of jumps the cadets would have to do?
Struggling to find a syllabus for this badge

Hope this helps. :grinning:

For mor information about the course, there is another group.

Thanks. We’ve got a few cadets who have done ground school and static line jumps at Netheravon and I wondered if they would be eligible for the badge.

ACTO 54 is your friend here

Thanks major

I completed my jump in 06 at WOTG, I would of loved a badge back then, although I still have my course t shirt

1 Like

If a cadet has completed ground school and a static-line parachute jump at Netheravon, then I would give them the badge!

1 Like

Think we will probably do that.

Just make sure it’s the right para badge.

1 Like

Hi. Latest news on this is that if a cadet has completed a static line jump under the auspices of the British parachuting association they are able to claim the parachuting badge. This was announced at the training officers conference last weekend.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update. Time to get ordering

This one?

3 Likes

Well it is blue

3 Likes

Does anyone have any documentation to confirm that a badge can be given to a cadet who has done a static line jump outside of the annual cadet course?

ACTO 54

Parachuting Badge. The successful completion of the FDTC WotG parachuting course, including ground school and 1 successful jump, will result in the award of the RAF Air Cadets parachuting badge.

1 Like