Weston-On-The-Green Parachute Course

Good evening everyone, just a quick question here. Does anyone know how Cadets can apply for the parachuting course at Weston On The Green? I know there’s about 60 places every year throughout, my Squadron sent a letter to our Wing enquiring but we got no response. Does anyone here know how to apply (if the course still exists that is).

Cheers

~TangoWhisky

I’ve not seen anything about this course for around 5 or 6 years… maybe more!

My understanding is that the ATC course ceased some years ago - probably as long as BF says above.

Bad drills on the part of your Wg…

Bad drills by a WHQ. I can’t believe that. They never get thing wrong as far as i am concerned. Furthermore all WHQs are a picture of competence and efficiency with high standards of effectiveness and helpfulness.

1 Like

Para courses ended years ago. Cant remember why. Also when somebody within the corps got off their ■■■■ and sorted out para training with the agency that provides training for the Dutch military HQAC poopooed it and stopped all funding and support. it was called operation Dutch Courage. From what I heard it went well for a couple of years until it became too successful…

1 Like

Well, cadets certainly have been conducting jumps - here - here - here - here maybe worth contacting the sqns to see how they went about it?

2158 (Sevenoaks) Squadron runs first jump courses that cost £150 for the primary training, kit hire and first jump;

The last link (jumps carried out in May 2015) says:

…new parachuting course organised by the S&NI region special projects group

A “jump” photo is also shown in the Adventurous Training link, so must have the “support” of HQAC…

Maybe this event caused a little of the nervousness?

Our Wing just ran a parachute course this weekend just gone through a private provider - one of my cadets just completed his first jump on Saturday…

Yes, I used to run it.

Although the ATC courses have ended, there’s nothing in the manual that prevents Sqns organising parachute training themselves in the UK. JSP419 refers, if memory serves.

1 Like

Thanks for all the informative replies everyone. It’s a shame about the course though but it’s great to hear that there’s other ways of organising the event.

I ran the Sevenoaks course mentioned above through JSPC Netheravon. It’s perfectly possible, just needs the wherewithall to get off your backside and organise, like so many things.

Thought I’d update the course has started up again. I got a place on the summer parachute camp at Weston-On-The-Green, a couple from the Wing also got a place on an October weekend course.

Cse point of contact please or Sharepoint link?

There are courses running this august, contact my wing which is Devon and Somerset and thye can point you the right way :wink:

The details were emailed out from our E1, every wing has a number of places. They are running weeklong courses in August and a weekend one in October.

Copied all, thanks. Nothing filtered down to our level yet, will ask for update from our Wg.

We got details for a week in August and a weekend in July, which only coincides with RIAT!

Info location for all staff who have access to Sharepoint.

https://sharepoint.bader.mod.uk/ACO%20Document%20Library/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=%2FACO%20Document%20Library%2FActivities%2FCamps%2FParachuting&FolderCTID=0x01200089F9DF513D5D454EAF0D9FA3279DEF9D&View={74DD64BC-E86B-4F14-808B-2CCDF3CAFC14}