Out of control Sgt

I agree, it is such a shame the ACO has lost a good cadet. I wish you well in the future.

1 Like

I can only echo the comments above.

Iā€™m sorry that you felt you had to leave, and wish you all the best for the future. Good luck!

Theyā€™ve not left, just prioritised things differently, which isnā€™t unlike many cadets once they leave school in year 11 and in the run up to exams. This isnā€™t unusual and IMO is the best thing to do, as they say with the other things itā€™s not worth the hassle. In all honesty what are the options? Stay and go through loads of aggro while things are investigated, do what they have done or move, which would only get social media humming with all the crap that it entails. The first and last would only distract from their 6th Form studies and developing a real life. Go part time and use the ATC to your ends and not let the ATC dictate its terms.

It was how it was. It was a classic case of sending someone to Coventry as no one knew where they stood with her in the ā€˜canteen/office/tea bar banterā€™. She in everyoneā€™s opinion including (unofficially) the personnel manager (a woman) over reacted, but under company policy the way she complained left them with no other option but to talk to him officially and put it on his record. TBH some of the banter women indulge can be far, far worse than anything blokes might get up to, but say anything as a bloke and youā€™d be laughed at.

This was the era when I was doing my FAAW we were advised not to treat women where we may have had to loosen clothing etc unless we had a witness who would testify to the fact we did nothing untoward and when blokeā€™s stopped offering women lifts on their own or stopping if you saw a woman having difficulties, even to the point where you stopped holding doors in case you were accused of being patronising, although Iā€™ve never stopped doing it as I regard it as a polite thing to do, but one adverse remark from a woman and I wonā€™t do it for them. It was a sad time for society that has unfortunately perpetuated to this day.

Hereā€™s a point.
Next time a police officer comes to the sqdrn. Contact them, bullying is a criminal offence. Slaving is a criminal offence. Record the conversations on your phone.

Donā€™t do that.

Why not can I ask?

Recording people without permission is bad. If a crime is committed you donā€™t need to wait until a police officer visits, report it straight away. Bullying isnā€™t technically a crime (that Iā€™m aware of), but harassment is.

Apart from as far as Iā€™m aware recording people and then subsequently using this to gain some advantage, without their consent being illegal, you could be accused of attempting to entrap them, again as far as Iā€™m aware illegal.

Bullying isnā€™t a criminal offence and for enslaving be sure of what you are saying. This isnā€™t enslaving as people go home at the end of the parade. At best it is unreasonable behaviour. If bullying as it has been dressed up in recent years every child would have a criminal record and the police wouldnā€™t be able to function.

For me the bigger problem is your personal trustworthiness and I wouldnā€™t want you in the Corps, let alone promote you, if anything untoward like recording or pictures taken were used against someone. Plus would any of your mates want you around, if they upset you theyā€™d be wondering what you might be up to.

As you may guess where newspapers etc set up stings to catch people out, I would string them up by sensitive parts and apply electrical charges as I feel they have lost any right to decent treatment.