Oops...is that right?

So they can’t pull me up on my RAF AC embroidered rank slides, then? If they do, I’ll just refer them to Carol.

3 Likes

Carol may rely on top cover, but you know better and can dress properly.

I think I’ll just go on enjoying giving the badge police aneurisms :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Having seen the size of the new RAFAC Wg Cdr rank slides. they only just fit onto the epaulets of the jumper. I would suspect that even though you can get RAFAC Gp Cptn rank slides from Ripoff Direct 1. Would anybody have had the forethought to order some (especially as nobody else would need them) 2. they would not fit onto the jersey in any case.

If that’s from the camp just passed, she’s been seen like that before. Mostly in a flight suit but in No. 2s a few times.

Of all the things I’ve heard of recently in the ATC, this is so far down the ‘wtf should we care list’, that I’m surprised it made it. I’ve got my 5p rank slides and pins, that look like they were made in some backstreet sweatshop in Asia by people being paid a fiver a month.

Does this matter no, not one iota. Do Honorary individuals matter, not really, they are there for a few glad hand sessions, photo opportunities and tuning out for parties etc and in the case of the ATC to divert attention away from management failings.

1 Like

Should persons who hold positions that exist to be in the public eye, representing our organisation to a wide audience, be presented correctly?

Gp Capt Vorderman is a walking advert. As much care should be taken to ensure the correctness of that image as is taken on photos in our PR brochures (this is said unironically)

2 Likes

Guess what no one outside the ATC would know any different or care.
The only people who might care is one or two in the ATC itself, who have little else going on in their lives.

As if that is a justification!

1 Like

Very very few of the general public have any idea who or what the ATC or RAFAC is.
Most red blooded males won’t see the uniform only Carol, although some fetishists might see both.

As much as I’d like to agree - we don’t have the policy in writing yet so it may be correct?

She already wears a different hat to all of us (unless there is anyone on here with the fancy gold leaves?) so it may be a privilege / quirk of rank.

some red blooded males won’t see the uniform only Carol, although most see both :wink:

Standard Gp Capt hat. Your regional commandant will wear similar.

They will but they aren’t honorary therefore their braid won’t have any embellishments.

Except wasn’t part of the justification for the chosen design to better advertise who we are to those individuals outside of the ATC?

1 Like

In the minds of people who haven’t got a clue, perhaps.

In the grand scheme of things, maybe it is not a big priority, but it is against what the military stands for. This is another example of where the organisation is becoming a youth club and where one rule only applies to some and not others.

If we look at the RISE principles, they should not be worn. Honorary or not, she is our representative and although the civvies may not know, she still holds a CFC and should be dressed as we are.

I do appreciate what you mean, but at what point do we draw the line. Personally, I believe if there is a rule, everyone should follow it regardless of rank and status.

…“becoming”…opposed to what??

what exactly do you believe the RAFAC/ATC is if not a youth club?

I suppose it depends on what you consider a “youth club”
For example, we are a long way from a dingy room with a disco where children hang around on a Friday wearing doc martins and sunglasses with LEDs, if that is even a thing these days!

We are a youth organisation. Although the definitions are only slightly different, we used to pride ourselves on our discipline and ethos, but I fear these are disappearing in the Corps and it is just like a non-uniformed community group.

1 Like