OASC delay?

The RMB?

Regional Management Board, but that was in error - I meant the Command Board.

Like for so many things, these last few months present a golden opportunity to reappraise how we do things and one of these is OASC. Frankly we have been made to make us look upon ourselves as being more than we are and the introduction of OASC being front and centre of that.
If the much vaunted RAF cannot fit us in, so be it. We didn’t use them for decades and TBH the last decade hasn’t produced officers who are any better or worse than those of us who did it differently. What it has done in a few is make some think they are better, which is a wholly different problem.

1 Like

Out of interest has anyone on here done a commissioning interview with their RC since that was allowed?

I’ve been offered a slot, but not sure what the actual content of the interview will be.

Or does anyone have any knowledge about the “new style” shorter OASC interview which I’m guessing this will be modelled on.

I know someone that has done it.

Carbon copy of the wing filter.

If you PM me I’m sure I can hook you up with them.

I did it just before Christmas and as @themajor mentioned it is practically a carbon copy of the Wing interview. I did find it was slightly more relaxed and more ATC focused which threw me slightly as I was anticipating more RAF orientated questions but I guess this may come down to individual Regions?

1 Like

Do you mind me asking what Region you’re in?

Roughly how long was the interview? I’ve been asked to clear a full hour for it.

(Already had to send my apologies for being unable to get a haircut due to Covid restrictions :joy:)

1 Like

South West. Mine was around an hour but I did ask a question that meant a long response was required :grin:

1 Like

I had my Wing Filter in December - so ready for my interview with the RC, although for piece of mind I was planning an additional mock with my WSO.

Just heard from my RC - I passed my board :partying_face:

24 Likes

Congratulations!

Congrats

One of us
One of us

7 Likes

Commiserations on not becoming a SNCO :wink:

5 Likes

Fixed that for you. :wink:

6 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Congrats - My turn on Monday

Good luck! I’m sure you’ll smash it, feel free to DM if you want to go over anything. :grin:

1 Like

Has anyone done OIC recently (virtually)? I am interested to know what is included within modules 1-3

Yes, and the program is on the ATF SharePoint site.