News on Bader Learn?

Same! Getting tiring saying “try it again”

Not just the cadet, staff having to complete mandatory trg…

7 Likes

Our Wing Training Officer acknowledged that there was a current problem with exams that was being worked on.

Is units needed prior to learn roll out…?

Yes.

Words

2 Likes

I saw someone on Twitter the other day tagging RAFAC digital to say they were using learn or had logged in to take a look and liked it.

All seems to have gone a bit quiet from the digital team recently. Would have expected more timelines published and updates on the trials that are happening.

2 Likes

It’s now available to Beta with the whole of North Region

Just logged in but not got time to have a proper look. Can I sadly say I’m a little excited so far :grimacing:

Hopefully this means by Easter 2025 we will have units and learn over here then!

1 Like

I had heard a rumour that more news was expected from April 2023 and that more regions would see a roll out of Learn (assuming the beta tests go ok).

That said, those in the know will be better placed than I.

Please explain for the thick amongst us.

My understanding is that they work together. So you can allocate exams from within Units. Happy to be corrected on that one though!

1 Like

Was attempting to use it last night, OC tried assigning master exams and courses via units and apparently it wasnt letting her :man_shrugging:

No issues here using Learn works really well other than not yet reporting the results to the cadets records. Far easier to use than Ultilearn. Staff courses not so much at the moment.

@thatboi786 / @spicester have you fed these issues back?

OC said they would, don’t know whether they have though.

Yes, the issue is with some staff courses you cannot self enrol - so if like myself you are due the refresher you cannot do it. No issues with the non reporting as its a known issue and we were briefed on it prior to being given access to the Beta - so its just maintain a record whilst they resolve it and keep track, but we did that with Ultilearn anyway. Either way it works as intended, the cadets dont get booted out of assessments and it has a far easier to use interface. The back office function of signing up cadets is spot on and much quicker and will only allow you to sign up eligible cadets.

1 Like

How does the new exam assignment work via Units, because on the courses I can enrol myself on it says enrolment key not required. Do they need some sort of key to unlock the course so they can assign it?

Not sure - thats the problem I had as well. Was able to undertake safeguarding refresher, but not fire training. All my others are current so could not speak for those. For cadets you can only enrol them on exams they are eligible for so for Senior / MAC they must already be leading and marked as such on SMS (currently anyway).

I have assigned every cadet on my Squadron so it does work. Signed up my leading cadets for all 6 subjects and seniors for 3 of them. The cadets who have sat the new system and passed really like it.