New Training Material

Honestly, no I probably wouldn’t bother. The whole studying to pass exams in something you do in your spare time seems pointless to me (and i’m an academic type of person). I imagine the majority of cadets I know would agree.

1 Like

So would you prefer a weekend course with a chance to sit the exam at end - genuine question?

1 Like

I do have vague thoughts of a MAS train-the-trainer course, likely as a very full-on bank-holiday weekend (to include a sizeable amount of practical training).

If I’m going to do it, I’ll do it properly!

What we really need are proper e learning modules cadets can self study either at home or at Sqn.
That way if no inst available the resource is there.

All material needs to come with detailed inst self study material and notes.

2 Likes

Handy, but not vital.

Distance learning should not be the primary method of delivery, we’re not a virtual corps.

1 Like

Didn’t HQAC offer these in the past?!

I look forward!

Yep…then got binned. Use to contain some air time also to embed the training

Correct. We are not virtual. But not every Sqn
Has the ability to teach every subject. If the resources were there Sqns could fill and gaps with that resource.

It would be up to Sqn training officers and OCs to ensure cadets had the correct experience and not just using a virtual e-learning tool.

It would help fill knowledge gaps and provide more training for cadets who want to cover more subjects beyond the standard 6 for senior or master.

1 Like

Most probably not, bear in mind once cadets hit 15/16 they start to work so it’s hard for them to get time off. To be honest I just dislike the whole ‘studying’ idea, very few cadets join/stay in the corps to do that.

1 Like

I’m in

Thanks for the honest response.
Given the classification training is a core part of what we do, the question is then what are the best ways to deliver it that makes the best use of volunteer and Cadet time and is interesting.

2 Likes

This idea does seem like someting a bunch of poeople i know would love to get on.

1 Like

Absolutely and by the same token I’d rather deliver a course to 20 cadets across Sector or Wing than 3-4 on the Sqn.
The prep is largely the same.

2 Likes

On the self study side I find lots of cadets are willing to do it. Master isn’t part of our syllabus and we don’t have the capacity to teach it with the limited parade sessions compared to ATC. But we find they self study to get the BTEC and last year even set up a lunch time club.

If there was a short starter course I think some of my cadets would be interested

1 Like

Looks like HQAC are not happy

SharePoint announcement

At a guess, the btec people have been in touch.

Pretty sure that is a repost too.

although i appreciate there are answers available, how much of the workbook requires actual written answers?

And of that how much is Merit or Distinction level?

I can only talk for our unit, but first class logbooks stay on unit, they don’t home with the Cadets and are only brought out for first class lessons, where the lessons are taught to the Cadets…and thus answers can be written in during the teaching.

I don’t condone the act of sharing answers, but in reality how much influence will this have? certainly 0.001% of what occurs on our unit.

When it says “training material” is it referring exclusively to answer books, or could that technically include ACPs as well?