New RAFAC Rank Slide Images

Has anybody got any new images of the new RAFAC rank slides for presentations/lessons? Preferably digital phots rather than photos of the actual slides?

Cheers :slight_smile:

How fortuitous!

@tkg uploaded the very things to the ACC Drive today!

https://aircadetcentral.net/acc-drive/?drawer=IMAGES

Cheers

The so called dark blue/grey ā€œjerseyā€ tabs are better suited for the shirtā€¦

Gonna look gash on GPJ and Gortex ā€¦

What material has the cammo rank slide been made from because it does not look like MTP.

The Jersey tab look like they have been made from an old shirt.

I donā€™t trust the colour fidelity of the image above.

ā€˜Gopā€™ and ā€˜Ingā€™ spring to mind.

The camoflauge slide looks like itā€™s been made out of Belgian camoā€¦

1 Like

Been shopping for yourself MJ?

Nah, I do a real job. :wink:

(Iā€™d want to be at least at 1* level in order to make a few changes!)

They look like the slides advertised on the cadet kit shop website. They are described as Multicam MTP - no idea if that is the same as the issue MTP, but a quick look through Google gives the impression that Multicam is an American patternā€¦?

It is - there are half a dozen different variations about called MTP, BTP, ATP etcā€¦from different manufacturers. You can tell the difference from a few feet away, but not from half way across a field.

The MTP stuff can change from one batch to another well - some of MTP CS95 stuff I had was very green in shade, and other bits much more brown dominated.

Personally I would suggest olive green rank slides - much more useful in a range/training environment, and then just getting rid when playing in the mud on a training areaā€¦

1 Like

A little bit of vomit just came up on seeing these!

I went OG. Coz Iā€™m old skool ally with my new skool badge.

The Badge Fedz wonā€™t be able to see me anyway in my epic cam!

5 Likes

Iā€™m intrigued how many WO Aircrew RAFAC there areā€¦

I want to know about the Master Aircrewā€¦

How many ex RAF MA are there in the ACO/RAFAC and have they been wearing Tate&Lyles all these years
Will they get MA RAFAC badges even if in non flying roles as they were previously earned as per Regt mudguards

May only apply to a few but could be interesting

I doubt that there are actual stats on this.

I know of one from a neighbouring wing who has been badged as MAcr (ATC) - I see that as a misinterpretation of the rules and he should have been wearing standard T&L in the ATC role.

Surely, unless they are in an NCO aircrew role at a VGS/AEF, they wouldnā€™t be badged as MAcr under the new system.

1 Like

no NCO aircrew at an AEF unless they are AAC.

Please donā€™t class AEFs the same as VGSā€™ (in the nicest possible way of course). They are both separate entities with different rules and command chain.

1 Like

I consider both as external agencies that attempt to provide flying opportunities to cadets on a related syllabus.

2 Likes

ā€œattemptā€ being the word of the day?

2 Likes

Iā€™d prefer to use the phrase ā€œgashā€ myself.

2 Likes