New Layout

The new layout looks good, but if I can offer one criticism it’s that on a small screen the button row at the top splits into two rows, despite the fact that it would all fit on one line.

I preferred it when it was phpBB

I thought there was something wrong with my laptop, it’s so plain!

Also, because the new bar floats it floats across the top of the post that you’re trying to read if you navigate directly to a post (using a new posts link for example).

seconded…too white…if anything it reminds me of a basic (unfinished) Sqn webpage, put together by some keen but unskilled NCOs who have adopted a “standard” layout with a top menu bar, articles on the left and main body in the middle but forgot to add any colour…or make most of the available space

Thanks guys,

I’ve streamlined the menu and turned the floater off - it wasn’t working right anyway!

As for the colours, I wanted to bring the content forward - particularly the forum - that’s where most people hang out. How would you alter it?

Cheers

DJ

Using my S4 the tables are all over the place. Have tried to upload screen shot but doesn’t want to play :frowning:

Also the icon which let’s you go to the new posts seems to have disappeared from the mobile site. Also the yellow bar sayig about bbCode Help is covering the bottom row of smilies on the mobile version when writing a reply.

Thanks,

Working on fixes right now :slight_smile:

If you’re using a smaller screen, the amount of white space is enormous. I have to scroll down in order to read the first post in a thread, and I’m on 1280x1024.

Not very good on EGS either.

I like the light blue header bar, but still feel it’s all a bit too clinical and white.

The new buttons look good, but could the whole button in the drop down menu be a link, rather than just the word?

Bland. I prefer more contrast in the design (short of garish colours)

I also get annoyed by wasted screen space and at the moment,almost half of my browser window (a third if maximised) is fluff and nonsense. It also seems to me that the cell padding is a little too large, so there is a lot of dead space around text in the various (currently red or grey) horizontal bars and between elements in the forum postings themselves.

Personally I’d prefer to be able to hide the blue top DIV altogether.

Perhaps the background could be the same light blue as the header?

For me, rather than ‘bringing the content forward’ everything is getting lost in a sea of white.
The old layout was okay - I didn’t like it as much as the old forum but it was functional.

I’m finding here that it’s a bit of an albino Duplo effect.
Everything is white and ‘big’.
That might be great on mobile devices but the columns are so much narrower now that it all just feels ‘padded’.

Yep, far too white!

Oh, got this (red text in red shaded box) at the top of the “Major Divide…” thread…

JFTP: :rename: Bad response
Rename failed

Thanks for all the feedback.

How’s this?

DJ

Still getting “text overrun” on my mobile. Mainly the “thank yous” are being placed over the header of tge post following.

Yeah,

I noticed that about the thankyou’s.

not sure how to fix that!

I’ll keep looking

I don’t know the proper term for it, but the ‘icon’ in the tab and the address bar is the Joomla! logo rather than the ACC one!

Keep up the good work!