New Formation Patch (TRF)

It is mentioned in the ACP’s . . . ACP 31 Section 1

I stand corrected :slightly_smiling_face:

(still reckon it was a bodge drawing of an eagle that they fudged into a falcon):stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Ah, finally, a realistic visual representation of the state of RAFAC today!

1 Like

Yeap. That is definitely not a falcons wing shape. Definitely more broad wing of a soaring bird - like an eagle.

Also. Different bird to the cap badge.

It’s almost like we didn’t know what we were doing from day 1… At least we’ve managed to keep one thing consistent in the organisation!!

4 Likes

The Army used the Falcon for their Ranger Regiment cap badge. Everytime I see it, all I can think of is Starship Troopers:
Ranger_CapBadge

Would you like to know more?

2 Likes

The bird on enlisted aviators No1s looks backwards as it is supposed to “have your back”

1 Like

Is this ccf also then

Yeah.

1 Like

Although to be fair, they’re mis-naming the badge as a crest, so how can we trust any terminology any longer!?!?!?
The world’s on a death spiral and we’re just along for the show…

Serious point: Crests are found on top of things like a coat of arms. In the military (quite frequently in the RAF) things that are badges are incorrectly called crests.

To continue the example with the RAF in mind, squadrons and stations have a badge, not a crest.

1 Like

The chap at HQAC will be able to get the heraldic description for you.

Because that’s the thing with heraldry, an artist can do whatever they like, stylistically speaking, and it can remain true to the heraldic description of the badge.

So the exact type of bird, gold of colour, almost ceases to be determinable without the correctly authorised wording. And we all know how confidently people can convey their opinion to young people and have it passed down the generations without challenge.

1 Like

So we have ‘RAF Air Cadets’ on our rank slides and in MTP we now have to also wear a gaudy little trinket that says - wait for it - ‘RAF Air Cadets’.

Two items of uniform that screams out who we are. What next? A big square of embroidered cloth that we have to sew to the back of shirts of all colours saying: ‘in case you missed our rank slides and TRF, WE’RE THE RAF AIR CADETS DONCHA KNOW’!

Or maybe LED bulbs affixed across the crown of our SD Cap that flash on and off, saying: ‘we, are the RAF Air Cadets’ But then again, maybe even that isn’t enough - how about an armband as well?

Youve obviously not heard about the forehead tattoos then

I mean the regiment mudguards are on both arms so…:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

On the shoulders, SS, on the shoulders old boy…

So now that we have the TRF sorted , can we get around to putting squadron identifiers on MTP, not essentially but would be nice to show where cadets belong to

2 Likes

Wing patches with sqn number below could look nice, if standardised in form.

4 Likes

Im not entirely against that idea

1 Like

I would never have expected Revelation 13:16 to be fulfilled by HQAC

Edit:
So close, yet so far

How about at the top of the arms, in an arch sort of shape?

1 Like

I heard chatter of every wing getting a subdued Crest on the right Blanking patch, but that was back in Oct 2021 on a region camp and so far I’ve seen no progress in my wing.

The closest i’ve seen is The full colour crest issued to the Nijmegan team every year :joy: