New Formation Patch (TRF)

I can’t speak for the Feds but the RAF Regiment are a Corps within the Royal Air Force. There was talk back in the 80’s of us even being given the crossed rifles and astral crown as our Corps badge that would be worn on headdress.

2 Likes

I read that wrong then - and for “us” I read RAFAC. I thought well that would annoy the Regiment, that’s their badge.

Just issued the first batch of cadets with their new TRFs…

…but as we acquired the MTP from various sources, most do not have blanking plates…

Goodbye to the Trapezoidal Recognition Flash…

4 Likes

And hello to the male eagle :grinning:

2 Likes

He’s called Dickie!

7 Likes

So Commandant confirming we can now wear Wing/Sqn identifiers on the other blanking patch too?!

There’s been no update to ACP1358 to bring in the new patch yet. Will this also be added in the new policy I wonder? :thinking:

6 Likes

2 Likes

It’s one of those things that already done in many areas from when it was in ACP1358 last time round.

1 Like

Accurate but not as simple, theres a whole legacy and approval piece behind it.

1 Like

So definitely an ask-for-forgiveness situation.
I understand.

3 Likes

Yeah just claim it was authorised several WWO’s ago.

6 Likes

We have purchased 100 pairs of blanking plates (£350)

And all cadets issued a pair of patches and blanking plates.

1 Like

Well I’m on camp with 3 TEST SNCOs and not a single one has had any for distribution yet…

5 Likes

Almost certainly Logs forgot about the existence of CCF

4 Likes

We’re directing them where to get them from…

1 Like

The photos certainly make the new TRFs appear to be more… in your face than the previous ones.

Has anyone seen them IRL yet, and are you able to confirm whether they’re so striking?

I’ve seen them in person. You probably wouldn’t notice immediately if you didn’t know it was there

1 Like

52 pairs issued last night, if you know it’s there you’ll see it otherwise you won’t.

2 Likes

to be fair to it, its only looks like its packing heat if you want it to. it looks pretty regular in person i think.

1 Like

So i checked with my DepOC Wing and WExO, as of the 4/7, they hadn’t heard anything about how these new patches were to be distributed, which is great considering we were meant to switch over on 3/7! great comms as always