New Dress Regs issued 7 Nov 13

All,

New revise of AP1358C v1.03 dated 7 Nov 13 is on Ultilearn and details MTP and associated guidance.

Cheers

Page one footer says - HQAC ATF - Apr 2013

All pages footer says V1.02, actually version 1.03

Basic admin and proof reading!!!

[size=6][color=#ff0000][b]WHY IS IT NOT ON SHAREPOINT???

GRRRR!!![/b][/color][/size]

Agreed.

It’s not a particularly good update at all.
some parts are as poorly worded as ever. It smacks of someone just attempting to tack the PCS idea onto the end of CS95, rather than actually rewriting the section of No 3 dress so that it actually reads well.

For example. The rules for MTP PCS say that for waterpoofs we may wear “DPM Gortex” and that these can be “either CS95/MTP”.
Well, if they’re DPM, they’re not going to be MTP are they!

Why is the job of maintaining the dress regulations not given to someone who’s got the time and eye for detail to do it properly. Grrrrr

[quote=“wdimagineer2b” post=13051]Agreed.

It’s not a particularly good update at all.
some parts are as poorly worded as ever. It smacks of someone just attempting to tack the PCS idea onto the end of CS95, rather than actually rewriting the section of No 3 dress so that it actually reads well.[/quote]

No arguments here!

Anyone spot the bit about the leather jackets?

Yes, I’m surprised it’s taken so long to make it into the AP. It was authorized ages ago.

And the change for CIs to wear DPM/MTP for SAAI Courses, Training Periods and Ranges now.

PPE :smiley:

Anyone want to upload a copy?

Or at least copy out the badging policy for PCS for those of us not enabled with Ultilearn.

https://sharepoint.bader.mod.uk/NorthRegion/DurNorWing/Shared%20Documents/DNW%20Shared%20Practice/Dress%20Regulations/AP1358C%20PDF.pdf

[quote=“themajor” post=13055]And the change for CIs to wear DPM/MTP for SAAI Courses, Training Periods and Ranges now.

PPE :D[/quote]

That’s been in there for a while, only the range bit is new.
But note that it’s not an open authorization for all range work or training periods, it’s only an authorization for CIs whilst on an SAAI course.

i tried to access the doc but it was asking me for a username and password

It would do - its on the SharePoint…

I wouldn’t bother if I were you - there’s no badging guidance on how the TRF should be positioned on the blanking plate that I could see.

Yes, there is - there are two photographs showing where to put them - p124…

There is, its in the badge section! I think there is a general misuse of the term MTP throughout the revisions. It should refer to CS95 and/or PCS. PCS only comes in MTP, CS95 potentially in both.

When I first read through the sections on field clothing I read it as though no additional badges were to be worn with PCS!

But as is to be expected it’s very poorly written.

[quote=“AP1358C”]
The rectangular patch [they mean the blanking plate] sits at an oblique angle to vertical and all badges are to be sewn to follow a line from corner to corner of each patch. Each patch is to carry no more than 2 badges. No other badges are worn i.e. Weapons instructor, RAF Regt Cross Rifles etc.[/quote]

It also states “UNION JACK ONLY IF ALREADY STITCHED ON” and “TRF moves down if Para wings worn”.

Photo’s show the standard 3 TRF options worn on the right plate; and the JL badge, SATT badge, or Commando Dagger on the left plate.
Photo’s show the badges in strange and inconsistent positions.

Following the guidance in AP1358 is far more likely to achieve proper results:

[quote=“AP1358”]
a. The union emblem is worn on the left sleeve blanking plate so that the upper corners of the emblem meet the edges of the plate.
b. The RAF Tactical Recognition Flash (TRF)…is to be affixed to the right sleeve blanking patch so that the upper corners of the emblem meet the edges of the plate. The stripes are to run vertically with the maroon stripe on the right when viewed. When parachutist wings are worn the TRF is to be affixed so the lower corners meet the edges of the blanking plate and the parachutist wings are affixed above the TRF.[/quote]

i.e. I’d say if it’s an upper badge (like the TRF when wings are not worn) then the upper corners should meet the edge of the plate. If it’s a lower badge (the JL or SATT badge) then the lower corners should meet the edge of the plate.

This does raise the question that when a union flag is not present, should the JL or SATT badge take the primary, upper position; or should it stay at the bottom where it would always be for the RAF since they will always have a union flag on the plate?

Just another eventuality not considered.

The “Air Cadets” or “Royal Air Force” force identifier badge is not worn with PCS. Hurrah!

[quote=“themajor” post=13055]And the change for CIs to wear DPM/MTP for SAAI Courses, Training Periods and Ranges now.

PPE :D[/quote]

Para 0221 …… Civilian Instructors/Padres are not to wear CS95/MTP or any other DPM clothing.

And

Para 0223 …… Civilian Instructors attending Skill at Arms Instructor courses may wear CS95/MTP during training periods and ranges only. It is not to be worn outside the training environment e.g. transit to and from messes and accommodation on Military units.

Seems pretty clear to me.

Themajor… bleating on about this doesnt do your rep any good, even if im the only one here who knows you.

Ah, OK, reading fail on my part!