New Cadet Flying Badges

AP 1358C has (or is) currently been re-written and readied for publishing @AlexCorbin may know more than I :eyes:. However, I believe it will be included…

2 Likes

The “new” flying badges have been issued since start of 2022

2 Likes

Will ask this weekend

2 Likes

@AlexCorbin was there anything to report?

New dress regs were uploaded to iHub Friday last week for publishing so guess its working its way through the system

1 Like

https://rafac.sharepoint.com/sites/interim/QM/Controlled%20Documents/ACP%201358.pdf

Somehow I’ve beaten Alex to this! ACP1358 uploaded to SPOL!

1 Like

They stole my beret

1 Like

I feel like this update might need a thread of it’s own :rofl:

2 Likes

Today has been hectic…and i got dragged to Ikea. A bit of light reading on the train tomorrow.

Also

Cadet portal shows flying badges in the middle of the patch…ACP1358 confirmed they should be 10mm from the bottom edge not central

Let’s not forget Gold Music for one single event, but only Silver for Grade 8 certificate !!

Not quite mate… Although that is one of the ways of being awarded silver musician, there are also two other ways.

ACTO123:
Silver Badges

1. It is not necessary for a cadet to be in a band to qualify for a ‘silver’ badge – although the assessment route is designed with band members in mind. A cadet may qualify for a ‘silver’ badge in one of three ways:

a. By passing a recognised music board examination at grade 8 in one of the instruments listed in the Table at Annex A. (A copy of the examination certificate is to be forwarded to Wg HQ as evidence of achievement).

b. By (having qualified or subsequently qualifying for the appropriate ‘blue’ badge) performing in a representative capacity at Regional level.

c. By performing, on a regular basis, in a band or other ensemble graded as “silver”.

2 Likes

I think it is fair to have the gold badge require you to do something through RAFAC, even if musically it might be at a lower level than silver.

1 Like

Just throwing this out there, if you’re now a uniformed CFAV, and you completed going solo in a gliding scholarship with the RAFAC when they were a cadet. Are they enntitled to wear the gliding/flying badge in the left chest, as shown in the above IBN?

1 Like

Nope…

Here we go again.

4 Likes

If anyone is coming to this thread looking for images of the new badges, shout out to Romiley Sqn for having the only hi res versions on the Internet!
https://1196sqn.org/what-we-do/flying-and-gliding/

4 Likes

Interesting to see that they have included the badge for the Air Cadet Pilot Navigation Training Scheme (ACPNTS), which, according to my WAvnO is dead in the water along with the AEF scheme.

1 Like

Nothing like a complete absence of joined up thinking to remind you it’s the Air Cadets.

2 Likes

No.
But having a flying badge for staff with professional flying licences in an air and space themed org is a maybe.

But has been discussed to death alongside O18s, bren guns and whether vorders looks good in a set of 1s…

Search is your fri2nd.

1 Like

I’m not sure it’s a maybe. Everything I’ve heard is that it’s a massive foxtrot oscar whenever anyone has raised it through the channels

IMO, Anyone doing this should immediately be fired…

Out of a cannon…

Into the sun.

Good day :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes