New Ambassador

Did CH actually do anything besides wear a Gp Cpt Uniform for a photo op? I was a Cadet during his (short) tenure and I don’t recall him doing anything significant and then just resigned quietly, never to be mentioned again.

4 Likes

CH was an abject disappointment but then I was never too sure what he was going to bring and perhaps CV did/does more but the bar hadn’t been set high enough to trouble an amoeba to get under.
There is more to being am ambassador than flouncing around in a uniform and getting a few selfies with smiling cadets. I’m surprised CV hasn’t turned up promoting over 50s life insurance to appeal to CFAV.
Our ambassadors should be high profile and enough personality and pushing us to the outside world. We need people the cadets have heard of and I don’t know with caution use SM influencing.

When you think about the way CFAV promote and push the organisation, we are better ambassadors.
I don’t work in local school but I have suggested the kids join us, although to be balanced not just us. I drive past 2 sqns on the way to work.

Ambassador are not there to promote the cadet level per se although that naturally flows. There are there to promote, influence & build brand recognition to employers, business, the media and politicians.

The ambassadors need this pre-media presence as the business & political world will decide to listen or take notice depending on reputation.

If the defence select committee asked about volunteer moral & blockers who would they invite along to speak? The could ask the service heads, they could could ask a Sqn commander put there’s so many of them the opinions are too diluted so too tactical.

The Senior CFAV would probably be a good shout but the politicians may want Lt Col Lorraine Kelly & Grp capt Carol Vorderman as the media world is what they know about the most it likly to get broadcast on tele so the politicians get the faces about and it makes a good Twitter message.

Most cadets don’t even know who the sector Cdr is let along anything wider & they are not the target audience of ambassador scheme.
Our local CFAV volunteers just don’t have the profile level - in the wide world away from cadets we’re just not that important.

Just to finish off/summaries our ambassadors

Hoy - rode a bike
Wng Cdr Emma - rowed a boat
Vorders - flies a plane.

Which one of these do you think would argue & push the case for more flying & is most confident & more likly to mention this to politicians at the black tie functions.

6 Likes

As an addition just looked at the Twitter profiles - the two celebrities have followers in the half million mark so when they tweet about cadet stuff the general brand is boosted. I’ve seen CV at three cadet events & all the cadets wanted selfies with her.

CH might as well been a card board cut out.

Lorraine Kelly the next ambassador?! :man_shrugging:

I included her as she is already one for the ACF.

Would be good to see her & vorders in uniform presenting on tele for armed forces day or the jubilee.

Do the Sea cadets have an honorary ambassador?

1 Like

Yep - he gets plenty of TV coverage too :crazy_face:

10 Likes

she is also an engineer by degree so can push STEM with some authority knowing about the subject and how to speak to “engineers” the RAFAC would want to influence.

4 Likes

It’s seems our Ambassador has had another mishap and had to be rescued

Let us hope that the crew can get going again and be inspirational in the face of such adversity

Two of the boats are intending to continue once they’ve been checked out.

Game over for Wg Cdr Emma Wolstenhome on Sea Legs after a Coastguard Helo had to rescue the crew :disappointed:.

‘Calamity Jane’, springs to mind.

2 Likes

Guess this may be the correct place to post this.
One of our Adult Volunteers appointed as an Aviation Ambassador :slight_smile: by the Dept of Transport.

Government looks to the future of aviation with new set of aviation ambassadors - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Aviation Ambassadors Group - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

4 Likes

nice to see a balance of genders in that group - in fact a 6/4 bias towards women!

Good to see one of my sector commanders is involved!

1 Like

Great initiative but £750,000 over two years seems expensive. The RAFAC has 10,000 Aerospace ambassadors, that 3/4 of a million could go a lot further in an air minded youth organisation full of flying geeks.

1 Like

Unfortunately their is a sizable proportion within the ATC who are quite negative to aviation & flying….

You must mean 2FTS :wink:

4 Likes

Not Negative, just have better things to be doing :joy:

Carol Vorderman tenure as an ambassador over!

1 Like