New Ambassador

Great to see that we have a new ambassador. Carol has been quiet of late and it’s good to have someone with actual military experience and who is a former cadet.

One thing I don’t get - why is the ambassador been appointed as an Honorary Wing Commander and not Group Captain?

They probably still have a few things to tick on their promotion matrix.

12 Likes

She’s an ex-regular Sqn Ldr so a single promotion on her retired rank makes sense.

Ah yes, rather than the civilian who is promoted one rank above…

1 Like

But CV is well known both in industry and asking people on the street, this new ambassador wouldn’t be.

It gives us 2 levels, one for the doorman and with the red carpet too

You can follow her in Instagram if you’re desperate! :wink:

She may not have military experience but she does have flying experience and I think she was definitely a positive role model for the cadets.

1 Like

She was also a big deal in the Bomber Command Memorial

1 Like

Also means they can promote her again to Gp Capt and generate a 2nd media splash for nothing.

1 Like

Carol hasn’t left her post, this is an additional ambassador

On Thursday 18 November, Emma travelled to RAF College Cranwell with her ocean rowing boat and was presented with her Cadet Forces Commission in the rank of Wing Commander, and will assume the role of Honorary Ambassador – joining forces with our other Ambassador, Honorary Group Captain Carol Vorderman.

4 Likes

@Anton Welcome to our band of persons.

Any new Ambassadors are a good thing.

As long as they pull their weight like CV.

CH… did zip.

I’m sure our new one will bring much support and good will.
Good luck to her.

1 Like

She’s certainly making a good start with an Aim to raise £80k for the Development Trust.

I think the org got a little hung up on 2012, and Chris Hoy didn’t work out as hoped, I’d imagine that all would accept this and that engagement of this type has been adjusted to fit. Carol does regular mention us on Twitter etc. which in itself raises awareness.

4 Likes

I think its great having ambassadors! I think unofficiallly Sqn Ldr Mike Ling is a great ambassador for the Corps!
Most cadets aspire to do what he has done.
Maybe he should get more recognition for what he has done!

3 Likes