Need band experts! for advice on fife flutes

Hello! it has been a while since I have posted on here as I need a little advice as I have limited experience in this field.
So basically long story short I want to introduce fife flutes into my sqn’s band as I think they sound really good, I also have the support of a number of fellow NCOs, the problem is however I did some research and there seem to be a vast number of fife types and im not sure which one we should use, so basically all I am asking is there a specific type of fife used for ATC uk bands/cadet bands in general (I don’t know what to really search for as I have only used the snare and symbols which is very different)

Anyway thanks for reading this!

Good morning,

A couple of years ago my Wing gave out some Barnes & Mullins 5 Key, 3 Piece Slide Head Flutes (not entirely sure what all this means, I’m not musically trained or talented).

These seem to be a fairly cheap flute. Couldn’t say how good they are the cadets who were learning to play them have all aged out now and the one I have who can play has her own that is of a higher quality.

Hope this helps. Failing that ask your Wg or Rgnl Bandmaster for advice.