NACATC questions

They should be anyway!

3 Likes

Could of quick ones while I’m away from the PC

Do we pay messing at the NACATC?

Is there camping at Windermere for DofE groups or do we need a commercial campsite for the day before/after our Exped?

Last time I was at Windermere we were cooking ourselves! I think we claimed the ration rate and topped it up with money from camp costs.

There’s no camping space there, unless you want to camp in the park across the road!

I was there yesterday. You pay messing at daily rate of £7.62, IF claiming VA. If not claiming VA, then you don’t pay.

What Baldrick said; IIRC cadets pay the normal daily contribution?

No camping at Windermere.

Cheers all, I assumed as much.

Not used to paying for food on AT, I tend to use Army sites and they never have the capacity to take money.

You’re only paying if you’re claiming VA, so in effect, it isn’t costing you anything still. That’s my PoV anyway.

If you normally claim all your annual VA days and do a lot more, then just don’t claim for stuff where you have to pay for food, and save the VA days for when food is free anyway!

2 Likes

I was actually more thinking of the Cadets, I always use places like Capel Curig and Okehampton which being army dong charge us for the Cadets Messing.

It’s just another cost I need to remember to build into the camp, is it still £1.92 a day?

1 Like

Ah, I’m with you now! That makes more sense :slightly_smiling_face: On SharePoint if you go to the AT area and then the Windermere area there used to be a document with a lot of stuff in like food rates etc. I’ll see if I can find it for you on my lunch!

I’ve got the link somewhere, am at work at the moment and being text questions by others members of staff!

If it helps, here’s the current allowance rates.

I paid £7.62 a day. Unsure about cadets.

@pEp what did your cadet pay/not pay when she went to staff courses?

Pass. I left that to her! I believe that as a cadet she would have just paid the cadet messing rate of £2 ish per day.

I did a number of staff courses as a cadet, and was always fed for free! (If that was the question)

Bloody hell.

Same as PAYD core menu costs I think. Couple of quid a meal.

Wonder what the extra £1.30 is for then?

Yea & Coffee swindle?

That might work if they didn’t hide it all away between meals at Fairbourne!