My Muster by another Cluster

I don’t wish to be rude, but it was hardly going to Machrihanish, was it?

Dude, we have two SH bases. 50/50, and then you look at who was invited. Not exactly something to perplex the SVR and Sherlock Holmes, was it?

I can’t help but notice that we’re 3 days out and the event isn’t approved.

2 Likes

^ fairly standard for most activities around here, TBH.

At any level.

1 Like

I said that about a Wing event once and got reamed both on here and in person for daring to question them…

Interestingly, activity still in draft

No you’re right but i git scalded for daring to post a Sqn event in advance attending a well known event so somewhat bitter others ca get away with it…

2 Likes

Just like last time i see (credit VRT Memes)

4 Likes

Did we? :face_with_peeking_eye:

Not by forum regulars, by Wing lurkers.

Ah, the fragile egos beyond reproach?

2 Likes

At least Benson are vaguely aware they are doing some flying.

4 Likes

F35s, Texans and a lancaster!

1 Like

No mention of Pumas which were originally cited.

5 Likes

Is it claimable on expenses?

Havent got too many Pumas left, only 7 Pumas left in service at Benson, 2/3 in maintenance, 10 have been put into storage and 3 in Brunei and Cyprus according to a post on UKAR

I remember when I started cadets as a 13 year old in 1998 seeing an RAF yearbook from the early 90s saying the Puma replacement would be in service before the year 2000…

The Tempest is meant to be in service for 2035, and I absolutely 100% definitely believe that it will be on time, in budget and meeting all quality criteria…

3 Likes

If the French and Germans are not involved then it probably will be!

24 Pumas were upgraded to HC2 standard from the 48 HC1s that were originally purchased. This was enough for two sqns. Pumas have replaced the two Griffins of 84 sqn in Cyprus. Not sure what happened to the other 24.