My Muster by another Cluster

what it actually says, priority is given to those that have not flown before… therefore those that have (summer camps etc that have flown in that AC Type) won’t fly again (unless they manage to get through the numbers) but can take part in the ground events

That’s what I said, but with extra steps. Point being, at the end, that not everyone will fly.

As previously discussed. These musters might make a lot more sense if they scaled them down but focused on getting people flying. Otherwise there’s a good change you spend 5/6 hours of the day on a coach to go sit in a hanger all day.

But there’s other things going on I head you all say…

RAF Force Element capability demonstrations and interactive RAFAC activities to inspire the RAF’s Next Generation of today, tomorrow, and beyond.

Not sure that’ll be worth a very very long coach trip IMHO.

5 Likes

The vast majority of Sussex is outside of two hours too. I can’t make that map see two and a half, but I guess a lot more will be in then!

Also realising this is if you’re in a car, not a coach or minibus!

The vast majority of SW region is outside that boundary too, so saying that SW is invited seems to be a bit of artistic licence.

2 Likes

I do wonder where TravelTime gets it’s data . . . Google Maps says my squadron has a “typical” journey time of 1 hr 10 - 1 hr 40 for a 0830 arrival time, and my sqn is outside of the TravelTime map area.

2 Likes

Have you got it set to public transport? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

My unit has been invited to this event, and our county isn’t even on the map.

I swear RAFAC practice being rubbish at organisation.

1 Like

A different app, using a 2.5 hrs radius gives this…

2 Likes

I suspect rather than anything nuanced they’ve just gone “all of x region” & left it at that.

It was the first app that popped up with a travel time radius so not sure on how accurate.

Having said that 50mph limited coaches will also reduce the range compared to google maps (although that may be more accurate)

Would not be surprised. The approach to Comms within RAFAC does often appear to be “throw it at the wall and see what sticks” rather than ensuring a targeted approach.

1 Like

More like throw it at the wall so it breaks.

It’s no longer on my desk to deal with it……

1 Like

So glad I’m not in any of the affected Regions. This sounds terrible and appallingly miscommunicated.

1 Like

Still innacurate…

To be fair most mapping software becomes inaccurate after about an hour ish. Too many variables when it comes to traffic. And the difference of someone who drives the speed limit vs someone who always drives 10-20% under :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Nothing seen (or found) in our part of the world…

We are within the travel time guidance.

The only real information is here.

It’s not super useful.

Apart from RAF valley and the closure of St Athan, much of Wales is over 2 hours from an RAF station. I would say the same for large parts of the South east and South west of England and Scotland.

Simply saying time to travel disadvantages a significant potion of our cadets. Ways should be found to allow all cadets to participate and not an easy way to stop some who will always be the same some when travel time is the considering factor.

1 Like

What about a single Chinook of cadets from valley to the muster & then early coach home?

1 Like

Laughs in lack of AC availability…