MTP-PCS - Have we all transitioned?

Or its £40 if you want to buy a single one on ex-mod.com with the correct size.

I wish i could go down and pay for the packs and just pick from the pile what i want, rather than us buying 50 sets and running the risk that they all come in gorilla size

the articles may be old, and the terrorist threat may have dissolved, but there are other reasons not to wear uniform to/from Squadron.

When I was at University I continued with Cadets and joined the local unit, it was in walking distance and so in GPJ (as Cadets could in them days) and beret donned walked across town to the Unit.
Upon arrival the WO inquired if I had walked to Squadron “dressed like that” (ie No2) - Yes Sir, came my reply.

Don’t ever do that again. was his straight and frank reply.

they had previous Cadets “picked on” is the nice way of putting it, bullied others would say, I think the police would class it as “harassment” of Cadets meeting a Gang of “kids” on their way to Squadron who picked on a Cadet in uniform walking to the Squadron simply because they were in uniform…

It doesn’t have to be a official threat to give reason to cover up.

1 Like

Intersting.
My wexo told me explicitly that no sqn is allowed to privately purchase ANY uniform using non public funds.
A grant is non public funds.

Is my wexo making up rules again… highly likely. Anyone have any thing i can throw back at her so we can do the same.

In my mind its no different to being given money for polo shirts/hoodies or AT Kit. I am simply buying PPE equipment that is not provided for by the ATC with a grant.

Also its completely out of the remit of the Wexo, its your civ comm that make that decision

Wait out and ill have a look for the rules, but i get the feeling they are making it up (possibly not for blues- but greens are not a provided uniform).

2 Likes

As the stuff isn’t issued, not sure how it is any different from squadron hoodies…

There’s a thought: Who will pay for the approved pattern of polo shirts for No3A dress? :wink:

1 Like

nothing banning such purchase in ACP 10 Chapter 1 Annex C, or anywhere else in ACP 10 for that matter.

Speaking of PPE. If the wearing of No3 uniform on a range is mandatory as it is PPE then is has to be supplied at no cost to the user.

1 Like

You have to consider the local area, but by and large there is no reason to cover up.

Ask her to show you the rule, in official publications or it doesn’t exist.

1 Like

Probably

First thing is WTH has it go to do with a WExO? They have no say in how or what a Civ Comm spends money on, if they decide to do it to fill the gaps left by the official channels, which is no different to paying for activities etc, then so be it.
It’s also an interesting comment as squadrons are expected to buy PTS badges.

Maybe the WExO should be using their influence and extensive and many fold contacts to get the stuff for the cadets.:wink:

CS95/PCS is NOT PPE…
PPE is items like - Respirators, ear defenders, protective gloves, hard hats…

Having No 3 uniform to prevent one’s personal clothing from getting a bit muddy around the knees does not make it PPE.

In other news…

Field Textiles have always been pretty accommodating in the past. Give them a shout to let them know you’re coming… Sign in and get issued with a hi-viz… Pick your own kit and pay at the end.
I’ve done it two or three times for the Sqn.

4 Likes

Do they offer discount for cadet forces? Not much use if full list price!
Cheers

We’ve bought packs of Bergen’s from them - like 30 in one order - and we got a reasonable bit of a discount. They were open to a visit, but it’s two days there and back fro here…

The current price for DPM Inf Bergens is 5 for £75 + VAT, I think we paid about £60 or so.

1 Like

Reckon they stock any of the rare 160/88 sizes for MTP?

Ahhh… Now that’s a good question.

I’ve not been there since before the introduction of PCS so I’ve no idea what their supply is like now.

I totally agree, well said

They’re still issuing DPM at my sons squadron

We still give out surplus DPM/CS95 to new cadets while they look at getting their own MTP/PCS. We have loads of it, so it’s no issue. But we have no MTP/PCS. Still works as a stop gap.

Also welcome to ACC!

Loads of CS95 in my stores, and I still wear it!

We issue it and have staff in it still too.

Recently on social media I’ve seen posts of the regulars still mix and matching too - clothing was mtp but some kit like Bergens were dpm.