MTP-PCS - Have we all transitioned?

£50 for trousers, shirt, belt and twisters is a massive rip-off - which shouldn’t be a surprise given its from rip-off direct.

You could get the same on fleabay for £30…

The cadets from my last Sqn are now all in MTP, we went over fairly early due to having a large quantity of MTP CS95, with only some of the small sizes missing, but that’s now been sorted out. the staff changed over years ago. All the Sqns belt kit, daysacks and Bergen’s are in DPM, but that doesn’t matter.

I still see cadets from other Sqns looking like the Iraqi Army of 1991, I can only assume their staff are lazy, indifferent and ignorant…

Cadets wear what they can afford or are luckily issued. I know there is a desire to issue mtp to get rid of DPM

On a side note, I know of a Sqn refusing to allow their cadets to wear MTP :roll_eyes:

I know these offers exist, but I was just wondering if anyone knows of particularly cheap ones (or where they bought there’s) or links to buy cheaply. Im just concerned because of Cadet Direct selling £50 smocks as well as that £50 for 4 offer. I don’t want cadets spending £100 to ‘look the part’ so if it can be made cheaper I would want it to be

They strikeforce supplies… if you contact them direct they might do you a deal

PCS is a pain in the backside also. I’d certainly encourage cadets to fo the barrack/CS95 route

Not all squadrons can source MTP, not all sqns have SIs willing to thieve it, not all Sqns are based on a station or in a functioning wing where MTP is handed out.

Our parent station is very poor and offers nothing of use. That and its 70 miles away.

I suggest some people need to realise that other sqns are not so lucky in the uniform stores front.

Remember, we are not scaled for greens. Dispite fieldcraft and shooting being CORE activities.
A total cluster…

6 Likes

WO Mundy ( The AP1358C author) stated on social media a few weeks ago. That given its private purchase aslong as its serviceable either of the authorised patterns that it’s acceptable…

1 Like

I was at an event only yesterday which had a selection of Units attending in No3s.
one unit particularly had more than 50% in DPM which goes to prove this point:

I haven’t paid a penny for my MTP, knowing the right people who can source it, or hand me downs when someone ordered a size too small!
Our stores is still very DPM and is the default to issue.

We are the same…newbies get issued dpm until we run out…if we can source anything else we will

So OG Lightweights are in now?? Or out??

2 Likes

Out. You are so last decade.

On the other hand, OG Jerseys are SO in right now. Extra points if you can get away with wearing your old school Stable Belt on the outside!

4 Likes

I remain firmly in the ‘if it is needed, then it will be issued to me’ camp, so haven’t got MTP/CS95/DPM at all. now if OGs came back……

My personal feelings aside, our Sqn does issue what we can in MTP, but will use the older kit if needed/out of stock. I am never sure where we get it from, or if it is the correct pattern etc, but the NCOs sort that side of things out.

1 Like

That is what we do. We just got some DPM from local ACF so DPM will be issued to the newbies. Most will by MTP very quickly in any case.

No, I still wear CS95 DPMs so do most of our cadets

I seen to recall that cadets in Northern Ireland wing are not allowed to wear MTP only DPM on the grounds that they should look different from the security services.

Not great reasoning considering all the ACF cadets will be in MTP.

3 Likes

And do you think the IRA (whatever branch is currently working) scum will a) know the difference or b) give two hoots?

Hoots yes, as to my knowledge the IRA, etc have never deliberately targeted cadets.

But rather moot. I’m struggling to see any likely way in which a cadet could be mistaken for a serviceman/woman in such a way as to lead to an attack.

I would entirely expect many of the various iterations of the IRA to know the difference in different patterns of equipment, I hear they are quite the militaria fans.

very tempting…

1 Like