Mornington Crescent 2 - Return of the track

I’ve been trawling the rule book for the last 12 hours, and haven’t been able to find any valid combination of moves to arrive from Canada Water in only 2 moves (did you perhaps forget that London Bridge is closed for “planned maintenance” for the next 12 years?). I could manage it in 3, but too late for that now.

Archway.

I feel like some of the moves this far have been unnecessarily elaborate, so in that vein, I’m going to a place who’s name is unnecessarily elaborate;

Theydon Bois.

You’re quite right, I did forget that. I guess that means I need to miss a turn for calling a false vector.

I’m sorry - I’ll place myself in Nidd for 24hrs as self punishment

1 Like

Its reyt nice up ere in Yorkshire pal

1 Like

Since its a leap year I invoke the 1924 Heraldic Gambit as developed by King George V and say Barons Court.

Trump that if you dare!

The obvious route would be Earls court but that would leave an opening for a royal flush. I will put a stop to this to a station where many of the landed gentry met with an untimely end. Tower Hill.

I’m sick of all of this London geography I know nothing about.

Therefore, I’m going to slow this game right down and play the Purgatory Card and take the Night Riviera Sleeper train to Truro.

(The downside of the Purgatory card is you get a seat, but no berth, so you have to share with all the drunks and get no sleep on the 8-9 hour journey.)

Take your £30 fine for non essential travel during the lockdown and return to the London terminus of Paddington.

2 Likes

Elephant and Castle

Ha. Don’t joke. It’d be cancelled anyway.

Embankment.

And, with great pomp and circumstance I declare myself victor in 2 moves as I make Dudleys transition to the Tottenham Court Road. Home of one of the finest taverns in London, “the Tottenham”, where they serve not chips, but Roast Tatties.

“To maintain a distance of at least 2 stations between people, this train will not stop at Goodge Street or Mornington Crescent”

Urgh. I guess I’ll have to play Camden Town.

already had it I’m afraid

I suspect he’s claiming he’s claiming his Modman exclusion perk allowing such a move, since he could simply could remove the evidence of the first existing… So the move is legal without requiring censorship of the records.

3 Likes

This guy gets it :wink:

1 Like

After getting lost in the Market, and having lunch at the numerous street vendors resulting in a mad dash to the nearest station to make use of their facilities, we’ve accidentally ended up on the Overground to Stratford

Invoking the 1998 thread revitalisation clause, I play a double move to Moorgate via Liverpool Street.

Bang! Now at the Crescent. Thanks for that, you set it up beautifully.

I’ll restart us at Bank.

2 Likes

playing the regal return rule

Queensway