Latest Activity Stop - Road Marching Issues

Am i the only one who doesnt necessairly think this is a bad idea?

What assurance is in place for Civvie teams

For info id rather take a dump in my hands and then clap than participate in RM

:rofl: pretty much same here. The only road marching I do is marching down the road to McDonalds. Really isn’t an activity that interests me.

But…

It is an activity that most of the cadets who participate in it, do enjoy a lot. Okay it’s considered relatively low uptake I think, but that shouldn’t be a reason to can it. If there cadets enjoying it, safely, and CFAV keen to run it, then why stop it?

6 Likes

The same assurance as for any cadet activity overseas?

5 Likes

You mean… what happens oveseas, stays overseas??? :wink:

2 Likes

There are those who dislike Drill and Ceremonial too.

2 Likes

The same as for AT or even normal trips to places like Normandy etc. You risk assess it, make your own plans and get them approved by the relevant DDH.

I have the same feelings about drill.

When the fun starts, STOP!

5 Likes

Just don’t start in the first place then no one is disappointed.

1 Like

Hmm…

Have typed and re typed a response three times and deleted them each time…

Although no longer involved with RM - I think it is a monumentally bad idea to even be considering a scrap of civvy teams…

Knowing some of the reasons being mentioned in favour - from what I can tell, every single argument can be addressed and managed.

For the single reason that entering civvy teams offers the potential for Wings to be able to send multiple teams.

One Wing alone sends up to 6 teams that I’m aware of!

As an activity, RM offers so many incredible benefits, for comparable little cost.

Given how much energy and effort has been put in by the RM staff up and down the country, and RAFWARMA team, I am absolutely lost for words to describe how angry I am with the AC for wanting to purposefully restrict such an invaluable cadet opportunity.

Currently watching this situation with great interest.

9 Likes

Is the rumour of limited BMC places correct? Heard max of around 150 for the whole RAFAC, if so does this it being Regional Teams only or those Wings only in the good books of TK.

When you say 150 is that the number of personnel or the number of teams. & is purely marchers or does it include supporting non-marchers?

Heard marchers

1 Like

Yeah at the moment we are limited to around that number, pretty sure it was mentioned that HQAC were looking to acquire more places from BMC, but if I remember correctly BMC are given an amount of places from the organisers so another section of BMC would have to loose places for us to get more

And I can’t see them giving up places for cadets when we’ve chosen to otherwise limit our participation

3 Likes

Although with the ver shrinking size of the armed forces is there still the appetite from the regulars to take part on the same scale?

Fair point. Though that’s assuming that they are not oversubscribed at the moment

Especially after Nijmegen 2022…

I’m in no contact with anyone from BMC, well well above my pay grade, but I’ve heard from others who are that BMC were very unimpressed with the RAFAC teams getting pulled

2 Likes

Good point well made, at least there is hope still🤔

But you have to look at the mil vs Civ ratio.

How many Civ teams go out there? I know in the past we managed 1 mil and 3 Civ teams!

Probably because it ruined their completion stats, and completely undermined their decision making.

7 Likes