Kremlin sabre-ratlling and NATO news

That is interesting, I know of at least one pilot rocking the (T) still. They commissioned many moons ago though, perhaps they just are living in the past.

Odd fantasy, not much attractive about a forces career these days!

1 Like

So those fancy new uniforms arenā€™t making you want to drop everything and join up? :astonished: :sweat_smile:

Rather charitable to assume any complete uniform would be forthcoming, canā€™t even get the Cadets kitted :laughing:

1 Like

Volunteer Reserve was the Air Force you were commissioned into. (Training) was the branch of that Air Force.
Both still exist but the Training Branch is just much much smaller

Never mind the uniforms, rocking up at OASC and staying in the transit mess - had I have been applying in real life I would have checked out and said no thanks by the state of the place. :rofl: :joy:

#snob.

3 Likes

Ah my lovely reserved occupation. :smiley:

4 Likes

Begrudgingly while uttering profane insults?

4 Likes

Only for them to be rejected for being in the wrong revision state, or in blue inkā€¦

7 Likes

Actually, thatā€™s extremely similar to the regsā€¦

1 Like

So weā€™ll be standing on the M20 somewhere with a wooden barrier and a big box of forms.

Sorry Ivan you canā€™t go through, you havenā€™t filled in your 3822H and your mandatory training is out of date.

5 Likes

You canā€™t invade Cornwall unless youā€™ve identified all AED locations

9 Likes

As an OR not an officer or SNCO.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh we might all be drafted tomorrow, better pack my bags for RAFAC CFAV are the paperwork filling ninjaā€™s!

Oops - just laughed a little too hard!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve always thought should the big button be pressed and VRT were called up all i would have been expected to do was an admin based role. Possibly logistics/stores based.

As CFC i really canā€™t see it happening but if it does get that far i doubt it will matter if we wear a blue suit or neckerchief and woggle in our spare time

I guess there are some skills CFAV haveā€¦those SAAI amongst us who can adopt a shorter version of the training to get conscripts through basic rifle training in quick time. I canā€™t see it being uniquely CFAV delivered but could help the burden.
The CFAV RCOs getting those conscripts familiar with their first 30 rounds and mag change might be seen as a benefit to the mobilisation of troop readiness but as i say if it gets that far we are in for tough times

I canā€™t work out what other transferable skills CFAVs have. First aid is too basic, radio too ā€œtraining basedā€, field craft not strategic enough, AT, Band and Road Marching offer littleā€¦maybe leadership but i wouldnā€™t be front ofbtge queue to follow a RAFAC leadership course ā€œgraduateā€ into battle

1 Like

They could conceivably take people with Civvy jobs where the skills are transferable, so admin and teaching types. You could look at emergency service personnel as thatā€™s the same job in a different uniform, although most of those occupations would be protected from conscription.

During WWII ATC squadrons had a minimum of 100 cadets and often took RAF recruits to give them general training prior to their basic training. I could envisage something like that happening if we went full conscription.
Iā€™ve always thought weā€™d be good if there was any car parking required. Iā€™m definitely warming to @anon9987823ā€™s tea making. Iā€™ll be in the NAAFI van.

I love the smell of satire in the morning.

2 Likes

As a start we are DBS, BPSS & security cleared so we have a head start over the 5 months it takes to get all these completed if the forms are in date and donā€™t get lost or rejected. Though perhaps it may be better to throw those in prison out as first line cannon fodder and that would free up better accommodation for our new enlisted troops than the standard MOD offer, and free up the prison service staff who also should have some clearances, and first aid training etc.