King Charles portrait

Dont forget. The Monarch is head of the armed forces.

1 Like

We once took framed pictures of the sovereign and DofE to Nijmegen and put them up in our room/ā€˜Messā€™

These were the Mess rules:

Welcome to the REDACTED Wing ATC Team All Ranks Combined Mess
Please observe the following rules at all times when visiting the mess:

1. No running, diving or heavy petting.
  2. No operating heavy machinery.
  3. No return within 1 hour.
  4. Do not pass Go. Do not collect Ā£200.
  5. No loitering.
  6. No fouling, maximum penalty Ā£2000.
  7. No talking about Fight Club.
  8. No parking 6am-6pm Monday to Friday.
  9. The third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death.
  10. No Homers.
  11. Donā€™t use no double negatives when in the mess.
  12. Mess members (1) stare straight ahead when using the urinal, (2) do not use adjacent urinals unless no others are free and; (3) make the obligatory comment, ā€œwhat is this, the ladies?ā€ if there are more than two members waiting.
  13. Keep hands and arms inside the mess at all times.
  14. Do not get the members wet, do not feed members after midnight, do not expose members to bright sunlight.
10 Likes

It came to us via our Sector Commander to all OCs and Adjs. Looking at the mail trail it was originated by OC S&NI and shared with all Regions.

1 Like

LoL Iā€™ve never seen it down here in SW region.

1 Like

If it didnā€™t start at HQAC I would suggest itā€™s not official.

@Horriblelittletechie can you get someone at work to check what you have up?

CoS sent the one in Blue with the tree background out to Wings on 28th November saying ā€œuse thisā€.

Digital format only with no word on provision of physical copies.

I can have an ask.

All the establishments Iā€™ve been in so far (Clerkā€™s, Physios, Doctors) have all still got Her Late Majesty.

I doubt much official change will happen until the coronation.

All of the guards regiments near my house all have the ā€œoldā€ crown and Her Late Majestyā€™s cypher still.

2 Likes

Theres an official royal photographer website where youll be able to order one theyre expensive tho

This one seems to be everywhere, so is definitely a safe bet. Just do a nice print and stick it in a nice frame.

1 Like

Is there an official image to go up on the wall in place of the Queen yet?

For free for education settings: How schools, childcare settings and colleges can claim a free portrait of King Charles IIIĀ Ā  - The Education Hub

Or downloadable/printable for us: https://www.royal.uk/news-and-activity/2023-05-08/official-coronation-portraits

Has anyone been successful in ordering this free framed portrait? The MOD is listed in the pull down menu on the order form.

3 Likes

Not yet but I registered last night

1 Like

The deadline is rapidly approaching.

Iā€™ve applied as well - awaiting an eligibility check!

1 Like

Just had a rejection, so Iā€™ve appealed.

Rejected also - to save duplication of effort, please post if your appeal is successful.

Rejected on what grounds?

Unfortunately your registration cannot be completed therefore your request has been denied.

The details registered (and what was inconclusive):

Public Authority Type: Ministry of Defence
Public Authority Name: Sqn No & Name (we donā€™t recognise this Authority)****
Post code: Supplied

Should you have a query with this decision then please discuss this with your senior manager who can raise a query through the ā€˜Query formā€™ link below. This will then be passed to the Cabinet Office for review and further consideration.

1 Like