Joint ATC/CCF Night Ex possibility?

A lot of ifs and maybe right there.

£20 says it isnt legit.

AFAIK this is a really weird gray area and shouldn’t actually be allowed. I believe in the AT world we’re only meant to use external providers that HQAC have approved. I have of course seen loads of cadets out doing AT stuff at centres with centre staff running it before though. However I remember at Windermere when we needed an extra instructor we had to do it via a company that HQAC/Andy had approved of.

Veering off topic, but sounds like the difference between using a centre with the underpinning of their insurance, vs bringing an instructor in acting under our insurance…

Maybe

Currently looking up the regs as I’m intrigued. It’s very much related to AALS/AALA/Insurance. TLDR is you can use almost anyone as an external instructor if the WATTO or RATTO says yes! :smiley:

1 Like

Willing to bet that 100% isn’t the case. Particularly the Police.

Thank you Sirs/Ma’ams for all the advice.

Will get to putting together a proposal

1 Like

Why?

If Anywhere Climbing Ltd allows members of the general public to tip up and take part, why shouldn’t we? As long as they are insured, and the WATTO is happy it’s a legitimate business, then why not crack on. We need to rid our organisation of the delusion that anyone doing anything that isn’t a RAFAC instructor is somehow inferior and less safe than a RAFAC instructor who may or may not exercise their qualifications on a regular basis

It’s no different than doing something as part of a section visit on annual camp. If it approved in the normal way, then what’s the drama?

1 Like

I ask the same of ACTO 35/gliding, but here we are!

But anyway, I have corrected my self further down in the thread from that post/ TLDR being it is allowed.

I wish you all the best. Honestly good to see some keen people who want to get stuff done. Obviously you’ve seen on here the negatives and the work that needs to go into these things, but with the right effort, a lot of stuff is doable. :slight_smile:

3 Likes