Joint ATC/CCF Night Ex possibility?

I was under the impression it had? I’ve certainly seen pre-learning sign ups for the A course being offered!

I think the old courses are still running, was meant to be DS on one recently but couldn’t get time off work

Yeah, that is for sure! The old course will still be completely valid AFAIK, and there will be no ‘requirement’ to complete the new A course if you’re already a FCI.

Knowing your region I’m not surprised to see you perhaps racing ahead.

But it’s worthless until it’s in policy via ACFTIs / IBN

1 Like

Very valid point that!

Does this mean I should hold off talking to staff about trying to get on it

Talk to staff. Get in any FTX that are happening locally, and ask to observe. And if you are not already get yourself qualified on the L98.

haha easier said than done in ccf

Cheers for the advice mate

Best bet is to speak to your TEST SNCO next time they are down. Most of them are very approachable and happy to speak to cadets about off campus courses.

Mind if I send you a DM? Need some ccf specific advice and don’t want to drag it out in this thread haha.

If he doesn’t get back to you I’m happy to help (RAF section commander and ex-Contingent Commander)

It’s true that new courses have been trialled but decisions are yet to be made on the future of fieldcraft instructor qualifications. For now, ‘FCI’ is what we have, as per ACFTI 1. I think it’s likely that some current FCIs will get one of the new Quals, whilst others … will get the other, based on evidenced experience and other relevant qualifications held.

lol…oops

Out of interest…without naming names…what are the qualifications of the person teaching this…?

1 Like

They’ve watched Soldier Soldier

1 Like

Ally…I didn’t know they had SF level experience :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks for confirming no legitimate qualification for teaching such things.

In point of fact he risks fairly serious consequences for doing so.

1 Like

Shouldn’t be happening then.

If an accident were to occur, hope they potentially like the inside of a small cell.

It’s exercises signed off by the army, so RAFAC regs don’t apply:

It’s all risk assessed by RAF + Army and taught jointly between Army WO2s and our RAF service instructors. Don’t really see how that’s deserving of prison time?

Isnt it a bit like AT - if you don’t have the RAFAC quals, you can still run AT, but pay for an approved activity provider.

As long as the RAF/Army/Police force are aware and happy for one of their personnel to run the activity as a Reserve/AFO, and the sms application makes it clear that the instructor(s) are not doing it with a RAFAC hat on, then why not?