Is Cadet Portal actually helpful

It can be done. One could just hijack the account of a cadet who has left.

Of course, that would mean that unit returns would be incorrect, so it’s not allowed…

1 Like

I’ll have a look and see what I can find.

Or any Cadets left on the system that haven’t been in months but are kept by your OC for unknown reasons only known to him/her

Perhaps this is due to personal reasons that the individual doesnt want slapped around the place?
Or study leave?
Or any other of 100 reasons?

As long as the absence has been agreed with the OC and if necessary civ com welfare informed then there is no reason for others to know.

There does seem to be a call by a lot of people in our org for total openness… well sorry. There are some linited things that may stay with OCs. At least temporarily.

Then of course… there are total douche bag waster OCs whom I would eviscerate that fraudulently keep cadets on just to make their Sqn look bigger ‘on the books’.
These can take a hike.

Yeah, it’s such a fraudulent travesty to have a few cadets flying on paper just for the selfish and egocentric aim of keeping a unit open.

Course not.

But those who have say 50 and 20 of which are duds.

My child’s friend knows of one cadet who hasn’t been on Sqn for near 4 months and has no intention of returning due to getting a boyfriend and cadet’s don’t do it for her anymore. Plus we have a big enough Sqn that we don’t need the handful of non shows to be kept on.

Don’t see a problem with that, it costs the squadron money to the Wing and HQAC subs fiddles that isn’t coming into the sqn, keeping cadets on the books, so more fool those COs that do it. Would I pay out for more than say 10% more cadets, nope. In this day and age as long as they are under 18, they can be discharged and reinstated at will. We had cadet return just after Christmas, he’d left due to school last Sep, just unticked the box.

Under 17, actually.

Not true if they are ex cadet, it is under 17 for new kids in off of the street.

(my bold)

Other way around for RIAT 2020 - cadets can see names / reserve status on Cadet Portal; I can’t see it on SMS.

@MikeJenvey - You should be able to see it.

@JamesElliott - topic for our next standup

2 Likes

You’re providing the comedy tomorrow night right @mikellee?

1 Like

Wasn’t sure which thread to resurrect. How do cadets change their address on cadet portal? A few of mine have tried and get a pop up saying it can’t be done

Afaik / remember from initial briefs, cadets can’t, they have to tell staff who then do it once they’ve confirmed it.

4 Likes

My bad. I thought the whole point was they could do it and it then came to staff to approve. Oh well

My only issue is if a cadet withdraws from an event only the OC gets notified… not the ic of the event nor the adj.

Following our chat about this last month I’ve followed up with the Digital Team on this.

Code suggests, that if a cadet withdraws after the event deadline date:

• OC of cadet’s unit gets it
  • Event IC should get it as well, where that event IC has a role account
  • If the event IC does not have a role account, the generic account is emailed for that unit, if one exists (eg CFAV on unit 123 signing in with generic account & SMS personal account, would send email to 123@rafac.mod.gov.uk)

I’ve also been “testing” this with a couple of recent withdrawals and the Activity IC has confirmed that they also received the notification as well.

So I’m now looking for an instance where the Activity IC doesn’t receive the notification to follow up on further.

need help with logging into cadet portal, just joined and this keeps on happening,i can’t reset my password