Interesting Beret wearing

Which is an organisational problem, HQAC and more properly 22 Group should be saying “our chess team, our rules”. It smacks of a lack of balls :soccer: :basketball: at the upper levels.

1 Like

Has the CCF now moved over to RAFAC? I know it was planned but wasn’t sure if it had already taken place officially, moving from Army control.

That’s the issue as legally it’s the Head teachers chess set hence why they are DDH & not RC.

My understanding is that this is administrative only & it’s not such going from Army to RAFAC but from what was already at HQAC going to Regions.

Still Army control but now it’s no longer two people at cranwell trying to keep on top of the paperwork.

Going back to topic, it’s these little quirks & unchallenged uniform variations that then lead us into the tricky area of hair cuts.

If certain personnel are allowed to buck regulations & creatively interpret them how can you enforce another group doing something similar.

If you can’t get standard issue kit like berets being uniform, how can you even try to enforce standards around more individual area such as hair.

1 Like

We try to enforce hair on school grounds, but with a soft touch. However, if you want to go flying, or on camp, or parade etc then you are damn well following regs

2 Likes

Something special going from Berets to Beards to CCF

1 Like

To be fair we’ve got some awful berets, despite my best efforts. #backontrack

4 Likes

Now #stayontrack or it closes :slightly_smiling_face:

All threads eventually end up as

CCF
Post 18 Cadets
Medals
CivComm changes

It is the way

2 Likes

CCF give their post-18 cadets medals from the CivCom, as well as wearing dodgy berets?!‽

2 Likes

Only to cadet J/Cpls

1 Like

With beards!

1 Like