Increase in Paid Duty Days for Uniformed Staff

Perhaps because the number of staff budgeted for is more than the actual number on the ground so they’re able to offer the surplus budget to provide extra days for the staff running the activities?

seems to be some misunderstanding in terms of what i posted.

yes incubus i missed the “not”

i do no mean “pay” and my use of “remunerated” was meant in the text of recieving money rather than a “wage”, my apologies for any confusion.
the CivCom will pay out “expenses” ie the expense paid to complete the activity, such as travel where the 1771 isnt valid such as Leeroy’s comment and any other “reasonable” costs which the pay of uniform staff offsets such as course fees or other such costs

We’ve always been told if everyone claimed 28 days then the budget would last 6 months, so unless the tooth fairy’s been around, I doubt there is that much surplus to up it by 25%.

i have also heard this

however, there is rarely an occasion everyone claims all their days, i have only maxed out twice, helped by 2 weeks at RIAT and seperate annual camp alongside my days collected on weekends.

Our Adj is equally as active on weekends but rarely maxes out on days, based on this the budget allows for 12 months of claiming from those who do claim more days than those who dont

I am going to ask the question

Can we claim pay for Nijmegen training again?

[quote=“the silverback” post=588]I am going to ask the question

Can we claim pay for Nijmegen training again?[/quote]

Who would want to? (It is dull)

The training is, 500km over the same ground. I don’t need a map anymore.

The Marches on the other hand is great fun.

[quote=“the silverback” post=594]The training is, 500km over the same ground. I don’t need a map anymore.

The Marches on the other hand is great fun.[/quote]

So why can’t you claim pay for training?

There was a cap put on the max days claimable for Nijmegen training. That hasn’t been rescinded, so I would imagine it is still in place.

Why though? What was the reasoning behind that cap?

I can’t recall to be honest and I can’t remember whether it came out as an email or Sharepoint announcement to dig it out.

Probably because it’s not a core activity.

[quote=“redowling” post=612]I can’t recall to be honest and I can’t remember whether it came out as an email or Sharepoint announcement to dig it out.

Probably because it’s not a core activity.[/quote]

Ahhh was this the first thing to have pay days cut as a result of the Core Cadet Experience in ACTO 11 and it was done prior to the ACTO being released?

Yup, that’s right.

Similarly overseas expeds I think have been capped as well (although I got a full 14 days for Alaska, which I was rather suprised about).

If I recall (not that I have a huge interest in Nijmegan) but basically you can claim for attending the marches (and possibly Cosford beforehand?) but not general training for the marches.

I suspect part of the reasoning was that some smashed the backside out of the PTD budget claiming a significant number of days just for training.

But that’s just my own supposition…

Yeah, that sounds right. I happen to agree with your supposition as well!

I think they might be trying to limit people kicking the [BOTTOM] out of their PTDs on a single activity.

[quote=“redowling” post=620]Yeah, that sounds right. I happen to agree with your supposition as well!

I think they might be trying to limit people kicking the [BOTTOM] out of their PTDs on a single activity.[/quote]

What is the benefit of that though? Surely there aren’t people in the Org that ONLY do Road Marching?

It wouldn’t surprise me if there were. The benefit, I imagine, is to try and ensure that sufficient time is given to the Core Cadet Experience rather than a disproportionate amount of adult staff time being spent on non-core activities (e.g. road marching).

It does make sense. Whilst Road marching might be fun, it isn’t the be all and end all and it would be preferable to have staff available for camps, to take people flying and shooting etc.

Same with JL and QAIC and overseas trips IMO.

[quote=“Operation Dynamo” post=626]It does make sense. Whilst Road marching might be fun, it isn’t the be all and end all and it would be preferable to have staff available for camps, to take people flying and shooting etc.

Same with JL and QAIC and overseas trips IMO.[/quote]

But staff are “posted” to JLs/QAIC just like they are to any other unit within our formation.

Are they? I didn’t realise that!

1 Like