Increase in Paid Duty Days for Uniformed Staff

Just been sent this through

[quote]The ACMB, held on 20 Sep 12, agreed that owing to the current financial position it is affordable for the long-standing individual limit for remuneration claims (F80) of 28 days per financial year to be increased to 35 days during 2012-13. The duties claimed for must relate to FY 12-13 (ending 31 Mar 13). All remuneration claims must continue to be in accordance with extant regulations as stated in ACP300 to be admissible for payment. It should also be noted that if 35 days remains insufficient then application should continue to be made through the appropriate chain of command by individuals for additional paid training days (PTDs) to HQAC Accounts. This email is accordingly designed to reiterate the increased number of PTDs across the ACO to ensure that all volunteers are aware of the present situation.

It should be assumed that this is a temporary position but further detail will be promulgated in due course as appropriate.[/quote]

Not had it sent officially in my wing yet. Anyone else seen/heard anything?

Would rather they used the money to give back those 6 miles for home-to-duty and increased the pay, rather than simply giving extra days out.

It’s bad enough already knowing some people who will turn up to camps and cherry pick what they do, just for the extra pay.

Alternatively, why not use the extra finances to remunerate CI’s?

Not seen or heard anything down here yet.

35 days is a big increase - and will cover my 3* course which will be handy.

Where’d you get the info from?

a “friend” sent me the email

Seems a few Wing SharePoint sites are posting similar messages on their announcements.

A friendly WSO confirmed this is the case too!

Send it over… :smiley:

As I have no proper work to be doing, I have done a quick sweep of Sharepoint.

Highland Wing have it on their Site Announcements.

Email’s just been pushed out from my Wing King confirmngit he above.

Yes, I’ve heard this locally too. Can be backdated for any activity in this FY (2012/13).

Email sent

Not complaining, but it’s taken 2 months to issue this when it was decided on 20th Sept??

Just been confirmed by our WExO in an email to all the Wing.

our Cis are remunerated by our CivCom - the Chairman, who is the former CO was very keen for CIs to be left “out of pocket” so made it “policy” on Sqn that CI get expenses paid to the same value as uniformed staff

our Cis are remunerated by our CivCom - the Chairman, who is the former CO was very keen for CIs to be left “out of pocket” so made it “policy” on Sqn that CI get expenses paid to the same value as uniformed staff[/quote]

I’d think very carefully about putting that into the public domain. If you are talking about travel expenses, then one has to question why as CIs receive the same as uniformed staff. If you are talking about PTD (remuneration) then HMRC might have something to say about that. Perhaps along with all the Civ Comm branches.

[quote=“steve679” post=497]the Chairman, was very keen for CIs to be left “out of pocket” [/quote]Sounds like a ■■■■■■■ :wink:
Or did you miss a “not” :smiley:

If our Civ Com paid CI’s out of squadron funds in line with uniformed staff members - I’d leave or make strong representations up the chain of command.

The failing is at Corps level, it is not up to the squadrons to remunerate!

CI’s deserve more than they get, but at the level of those of us that are duty bound and liable to Air Force Law et al? No way.

our Cis are remunerated by our CivCom - the Chairman, who is the former CO was very keen for CIs to be left “out of pocket” so made it “policy” on Sqn that CI get expenses paid to the same value as uniformed staff[/quote]Last time I checked, expenses were either:
Payable by HQAC (travel, etc) for which all staff receive the same rate
Payable by unit (misc purchases - stationery, canteen supplies, etc) which are paid to the value of a reciept

Other than pay - which is not expenses - where are the CIs being renumerated differently to uniformed CFAVs and why?

I agree! I’d support refunding a CI for fuel paid where a 1771 is not admissible (say they transport cadets to a sport event far away) but I’d not ever support them receiving “pay” this is IMHO a complete waste (perhaps even illegal) of money the cadets have raised for your unit.

Agreed. We ensure CIs are never out of pocket - as MattB says, to the value of the receipt or mileage at the appropriate rate. We also pay for all course fees for any courses they want to do.

Oh yeah forgot about that! We try to pay for course fees where they are appropriate for the running of the sqn!

[quote=“5432golf” post=478]Would rather they used the money to give back those 6 miles for home-to-duty and increased the pay, rather than simply giving extra days out.

Alternatively, why not use the extra finances to remunerate CI’s?[/quote]
Yes and Yes.
There are number of staff I know of whose adjusted HTD is now between 1 and 2 miles. So it must cost more to process than the claim money. I’m pretty sure there is a fiddle that avoids the taxman that meant CIs could get more money. Increasing the incidentals could be one way. I know a lot of CIs who don’t go to camps as it means taking unpaid holiday.

I’m waiting for the catch, there’s no such thing as a free lunch, for uniformed staff. I’m intrigued as to where the extra has come from? Surely people aren’t claiming days to the extent that the budget is underspent to that degree. I also can’t believe that in this current economic climate that there is spare money in the public sector.