If you could redesign the uniform, what would you add to it?

Are those the ones now used for lanyards on the jumper?

More or less, but they were more brittle and glossy. (I swapped my one with one because SHINY)

Well

I didn’t expect this to blow up

2 Likes

Just do away with the 3822, simples.

1 Like

Working on it! Perhaps any new uniform needs a little loop on it to clip an ID, especially since lanyards are a hazard to life!

3 Likes

Mayhaps a variety of MOI-esque coloured lanyards for… camp striking or something equally ridiculous.

Has anyone said beards yet?

4 Likes

Perhaps a series of coloured beards to show your proficiency at beard-growing.

6 Likes

To be really radical get rid of all the badges except rank and classification think of the cost savings.

True, but that’s Civ comm money not HQ so they won’t be interested in that

Battle dress … memories flooding back, especially detachable collars.
Could the modern SNCOs cope with only one uniform and no A B C et al variants? Remember doing nights of what we’d call FMS now, crawling around getting mucky, took it home, mum washed it no worries.

Mind you the sleeves would get a bit congested with all the badges.

Squadron Crest on the pullover where the “old” dofe badge was placed
More use of number one dress (rather than just for the highest events)
And a badge for drill

1 Like

Sqn crest on the pullover would look gash. I already think the DofE badges look gash.

We are in a badge crazy period at the moment, lets not add sqn crests to the mix.

3 Likes

Putting on my serious hat for a moment (and when better to do it than very early morning), the first thing I’d do would probably be to remove all of the bits saying “female only” from AP1358C.

A handbag might suit me :no_mouth:.

2 Likes

Interesting to see that one stand up in court

Whatever happened the RAF allowing them?!

Short sleeved mtp. This might sound odd but I really hate rolling up the sleeves for short dress, it’s uncomfortable and roll down. Having one with short sleeves and one with long sleeves might mess with things, but I’m not sure

Can we get get MTP shorts as well?

1 Like

That would be amazing!

I have a pair if you want them!