Ideal RAFAC Uniform

Oh yeah, I forgot - the RAN had to update their camouflage uniform that wasn’t safe in a working environment with great big bands of hi-viz tape.

Their camouflage uniform.

FML.

The French Navy have hi-vis strips on theirs. Still looks smart, if a bit Calais dock worker style.

The cost of MTP, I don’t think is as high to the MOD as is being suggested. Due to the quirk of where I am, I can purchase MTP from my local ARC, which I do for all our cadets. In 2019 I was charged £17.55 for a smock and £9.00 for a PCS shirt, both were brand new. I don’t have a figure for the trousers, but they can’t be that much.

1 Like

Awwww. I was close for the jacket; way off for the smock. No cigar for me… But that makes my guestimate of no more than £50 per person even more pessimistic.

This £8m quote is sounding more and more as though they looked at buying from our “approved supplier”… The sooner we cut all ties there, the better! If ever there was a company not to get into bed with…

1 Like

Can we take a visit next time I pop over :wink::wink:

https://twitter.com/18SQN/status/1375025510200266752?s=19

How long till we have something similar?

This panicked me for a second failing to realise this was NZ! :rofl:

Thought I’d missed an announcement! Albeit if there is a change I guarantee I’ll see it on Facebook or here first :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m impressed they can say confidently that it’ll be issued between June and July, must have good processes in NZ. Looks fairly sensible too

1 Like

Generally a well run country

Blue PCS style is a sensible way forward

Yuk! :flushed:

1 Like

Do they jump straight from Cpl to FS?

No. Sgt just not shown I think.

1 Like

I had to do a double take when I saw it had been retweeted by someone at HQAC, but quickly saw the NZ patch and scrolled on by unperturbed.

Is ‘New Zealand Cadet Forces’ a single organisation with one HQ? Like I’ve been calling for here for years?

Australian Air Force Cadets New uniform

Thoughts?

Brown or black boots make your mind up

Blue camo of any sort triggers me.

3 Likes

I hate blue camo with a passion. And no baseball caps please. Other than that, they look great.

5 Likes

Cough MTP cough

1 Like

The NZ idea would work well as a working uniform.

But no baseball caps, we aren’t American Submarine crew!

2 Likes