IBN 64/24 - RAF Utility Uniform

New uniform IBN! RAF IBN that is, not RAFAC.

Interestingly it looks like a move back to barrack shirts. Noting in the IBN that for RAFAC uniformed CFAV, you’ll get 3 issued, along with an issued stable belt!

I assume we’ll have a Logistics Instruction issued soon to explain all. I know our SO2 Logs mentioned upcoming changes during the Town Hall.

4 Likes

Did you see the bit about dark blue working shirts?

1 Like

This bit? Supply of the Dark Blue Working Shirt will cease (apart from to RAF Air Cadets)

I guess they aren’t quite ready to let cadets move over to wearing light blue as a ‘working’ dress yet!

1 Like

There’s at least one Army regiment with a lovely light blue cotton shirt and they can roll the sleeve up.

That would save the RAF & RAFAC two whole shirt production lines, with each member requiring fewer shirts overall, because you don’t need several of one and several of the other, just to ensure you have some ready to wear.

3 Likes

That’s the bit. What are the odds on quality going the same way as brassards and ATC cap badges?

It saddens me.

1 Like

New badge to replace the TRF on the barrack shirts, wonder if we get a RAFAC specific one.

Hope its low key and not like the massive monstrosity I have seen languishing in stores from a time (thankfully) after my Cadet service.

But no trousers! That might get chilly in the winter!

2 Likes

*Helikon Tex patriot fleece may be better. Has a nice hood :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’m sure the intention is to eventually replace PCS(CU) with something more recognisably RAF.

I’m not in scope for the utility uniform, but looking forward to better quality shirts and hoping they put proper belt loops on the trousers once stable belts are standard issue.

Hahahaha :rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:
Good one.

Bet that one isn’t thought about until the first recruit to get a stable belt says it doesn’t fit.

Then wait two years for procurement to catch up.

1 Like

Standard local mod for staff at Cranditz, both for blues & greens.

Well no, and we’re not issued with PCS either.

Cost wise, whats the difference between dark blue and wedgwood blue shirts?

1 Like

And how will that change when the dark blue becomes a bespoke cadet-only item?

I fear they’ll just disappear from the system, they are hard enough to come by for us already.

3 Likes

But, do the shirts need to be made to a standard, fit for use onboard ship and engineering (same shirt formerly for the RN in No4 rig).

Can it be a lighter, less flame resistant shirt, therefore…dare i say it…cheaper?

1 Like

It seems that they’re leaning away from that though?

That said, the idea of making small upgrades to No2 dress makes sense. A return to crew neck jumpers, and being allowed to wear without a tie, would be a win for me.

4 Likes

Well the current uniform isnt made to a standard :roll_eyes: lol

It reads to me like PCS(CU) is an interim solution until they procure an actual utility uniform.

A blue-gray version of RNPCS seems like the obvious answer, but we’ll have to wait and see. Would be nice to have the RAF ensign on everything (like the RN have the white ensign and some other Commonwealth air forces have their ensigns).

2 Likes