HQAC Backlogs

I’ve been paid for journeys I did in October so not sure what the delay is for you. Maybe it’s not HQAC who are to blame?

3 months and counting since my application was accepted I have been waiting for Universe to be updated to allow my letter of appointment to be issued out. When does your appointment date come in effect? is from the date that application was accepted or when the letter does finally get send out? if its when the application has been accepted that means I have 10/9 months left to complete the SNCO course.

Anyone had to wait longer for their letter?

Mine nearly 10 years ago was back dated

And any wonder why we get annoyed with the total omnishambles that is tbe adminers HQ?

2 Likes

I dont know why they just dont increase hqacs take of subs by an extra £2 per cadet per annum (4p a week) and recruit 2 extra admin types with the £60kish they will create by doing so. Surely that would help make the workload easier at HQAC.

Frankly they could put ½ dozen more in and nothing would change.
Subs go to GPF and not allowed to pay for staff. However I wouldn’t give them any more money as like with all public sector operations, the more money that gets given, it gets spent with no improvement. Give them more money and they’ll find a way to invent or increase non-essential systems.

TBH we can lose the FTRS posts and use that money. Do we need TSAs for instance? And other FTRS posts, including COS (never understood this role in the Air Cadets) and all but 2 of the RCs. Lose them and use that money more wisely and pay low paid clerks more. If people get paid a reasonable salary while they won’t necessarily work harder, but are more willing to do a bit more.
Then there is the fact the bods at HQAC, Wing and Region and us work off different MIS that in true carry on fashion don’t talk difectly to each other.
Then the biggest unflushable turd the combination of RAF and or MoD rules we have to play by, that make no sense, fail to take into account we already have paymasters who call the shots on our time etc (not to mention husbands and wives) and just increase administrative rubbish to all quarters.