HM King Charles III - Coronation Medal

Does anyone have the list from T2? Does it give names of everyone eligible or just those within your Wing?

1 Like

I’ll be working and not worrying about the medal. By the time of the flypast I’ll be on the sofa with a cup of tea not worrying about the medal.

Truth be told, my QPJM is still in its box untouched and I’ve that for over 6 months now.

Amen to this. As is mine, and my CFM clasp.

As is mine, somewhere very remote from me as it remains unissued and thus untouched by me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

From what i understand the johnies will get it only if they are on duty. Not general issue. Otherwise red cross and st andrews will have them.

Not mounted a kayak?

2 Likes

Not a bad idea…

2 Likes

So the Commissioner has said that he asked the home office to consider giving all Met Officers the medal since everyone was involved one way or another and that since they said no he is going to be looking at how widely they can apply the criteria.

Honourably seizing rape alarms

1 Like

While it may sound odd, personal attack alarms are very loud and high pitched. The horses used at these events are trained to be desensitised to things that they can expect to encounter on the street, but I’m not sure personal attack alarms would be included as it would be unusual for them to encounter them. Even if they are, that doesn’t mean the police should risk protesters setting them off. A single uncontrolled horse in a crowd could quite easily cause serious injury or worse. If the police had intelligence that the alarms would be used in such a manner by certain people, I can see why they would take steps to prevent it.

2 Likes

As Ken Marsh pointed out on LBC the stated aim of one of the protest groups was that 100 people were going to as a group set off rape alarms simultaneously as the horses were going past. What do you think the outcome of that would’ve been? How many seriously injured or dead when half the household cavalry bolts on The Mall?

1 Like

Just to add, I’ve quite a lot of experience riding horse, probably more than many members of the Household Cavalry (though not on the streets of London obviously), and can assure you that if a horse is genuinely scared and wants to go, there is naff all you can do about it except try to stay on so you can regain control when it has calmed down. The other things about horses is they are herd animals, and if one goes, the others are more likely to follow.

It is amazing that the planners of this protest actually thought this was a good way to do it. They could have ended up doing as much damage an actual bomb.

6 Likes

I did a horse riding cse with the booties down at Plympton - oh yeah, they could go where they wanted sometimes - & that was nice & quiet in the countryside.

Don’t forget that parade horses aren’t your pony club gee gees - they are massive!!

Fun fact, the ones used by the regular HCav troopers would have a similar mass to an original Mini Cooper. More with tack and rider. Well, it wouldn’t be a “fun” fact if it went through you…

Back on topic though, amusing watching people draw conclusions from the public announcement of the medal, despite the fact that it is almost the same wording as the QPJM.

1 Like

Yes because a 100+ personal attack alarms at high pitch frequencies being set off at the same time as horses pass would have been an excellent thing to happen in a crowded road…

2 Likes

Whether one agrees with the police making such arrests or otherwise, this is probably not something that members of military-sponsored organisation should be discussing in a forum where one can be identified as belonging to such an organisation. We all know how less reputable media organisations would handle such material.

Let’s not forget that political neutrality of the military is a key facet of British democracy. We have a duty to ensure we’re upholding our obligations with regards to this.

1 Like

But people are discussing others protesting a Monarch (which members of the military swear allegiance to along with heirs and successors).

1 Like

Picks of medal from Twitter.

4 Likes

Nice colours.

How many on ebay already?