HM King Charles III - Coronation Medal

Interesting. The image on that thread which claims to be a draft DCMS statement says Armed Forces with 5 years service get it. Then later it refers to Armed Forces, Civil Service and MOD sponsored voluntary organisations who take part in official events. Suggests not for us unless we take part in an official event. At least it should mean the cadets carrying banners should get one.

1 Like

My reading of that bit is potentially the meaning those who have under 5 years service but who formally support the events will get it under that paragraph

Although in that case why list MOD sponsored voluntary organisations separately in the laterv paragraphs if they are covered by Armed Forces in the earlier one?

In previous Jubilee medals there have been mention of MOD individuals working in a Voluntary Capacity usually talking about MOD specific emergency services could that be what it’s referring to? Ala Para 5 of the QDJM DIN.

However Cadet forces medal mounting has mentioned on his FB page that he is aware of certain stipulations regarding Cadet Forces. Although he isn’t announcing anything till it’s been officially confirmed. So it could very well be that CFAV’s will not get it without direct connection to the coronation services but as this is a press release and not a detailed DIN :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Latest gen.

1 Like

Real shame.
How many cfavs even had the offer to go to the coronation.

I would have loved to.

Now those lucky enough to also get a gong!

Lol… should be in reverse.
Not lucky enough to go on the day. Have a gong.

Thats the bit that confuses me.

But i still read it as not getting it

3 Likes

Strange. I’ve seen these 2 popping about, mostly the first one.

award_-_coronation_commemorative_medal2_faiths

Preformatted text

Those two are the unofficial ones being hawked by Award Medals and Bigbury Mint. Which is a shame as I quite like the ribbon on the bottom one

1 Like

The first one in particular annoys me. I’ve seen it being sold “to veterans only” by a company that has no right to be attempting to pass it off as legitimate.

It’s pretty obviously a fake though, as it doesn’t feature the King’s head.

1 Like

That company also does it’s own version of the CFM. They say the “eligibility” is any service in the cadet forces. They are an absolute joke.

2 Likes

Interesting… Won’t count my emus until there’s something more concrete than a picture of a screen. :joy:

1 Like

Sorry, but that first one’s gopping and the ‘defender of all faiths’ bit is particularly emetic.

4 Likes

Agreed. :100::100:

Looks a bit scout-y to me. Dated badges always look a bit naff. If they wanted a badge to represent being in the cadet force at the time of the coronation, I think a simple royal cypher would have looked better without the text.

2 Likes

Have you seen how many badges we have in the ATC these days? We’re starting to look “a bit Scouty” in general.

3 Likes

What boils my urine is that the Coronation Event for cadets has been incredibly poorly organised. I have a cadet attending, and I received the admin order inc kit list Yesterday. Prior to that I’d received an email on Friday saying to book her a rail warrant, and some timings. Honking admin as per. Wouldn’t give them a chocolate coin for that, never mind a medal.

2 Likes

It’s not just the Cadet side that’s chaos, I’ve had people swapped on/off of my serial in the last few days and we are now scrabbling to make sure that those switched on have the appropriate kit.

Should read how many people full stop had the offer. As far as I’m aware there was a never a general ‘who’d like to go’ offer to anyone regular/ reserve/ cfav/ other.

I’d love to see more from the org being able to go, but could you imagine the chaos if all 50,000 of us rocked up?