Has anyone spotted the new sister document to "ACP16?"

as found here
https://sharepoint.bader.mod.uk/QM/ACO%20Shooting%20Documents/CadetTraining%20-%20Fieldcraft%20and%20Tactics%20pamphlet.pdf

first observation being why place it in the shooting folder??

not knowing what was in ACP16 i cant tell you what is different but useful to those who are that way inclined no doubt!

A standardised, full, up-to-date, tri-service FMS manual?

Good idea.

It’ll never catch on.

Considering the distribution omits us entirely I daresay we aren’t allowed to do it. :frowning:

Although, looking at the stuff which is in both syllabae, it’s a bloody good document for teaching what is in ACP16. Nicked.

I assume that is AC 71966?

^^ yes it is

i noticed that the ATC isnt listed on the distribution…makes me question why make it available to us…or were we simply missed off?

i noticed that the ATC isnt listed on the distribution.[/quote]

They didn’t want you to see Chapter 2 Section 11. :wink:

Doesn’t mean we’re not allowed to look at it, we’re just not scaled for hard copies!

That’s a good resource, especially for getting some more detailed knowledge beyond that in ACP16 (which is limited at best!).

The TAM at the back is also very useful for printing and taking with you in the field.

Good find Steve!

I did wonder how they chose the topics of ACP16, and now I know. They used chapter 1 and took out anything with the word weapon or fire in it!

Oh for the day when we simply bin ACP 16 and use this instead…

Given the other document that was uploaded on the same date, I would suggest that this relates to the upcoming SA(M)07 course run by CSATT and the ability to progress our FT beyond ACP16.

[quote=“pEp” post=16825]Good find Steve!

I did wonder how they chose the topics of ACP16, and now I know. They used chapter 1 and took out anything with the word weapon or fire in it![/quote]Yep - I think it would have been PAM2 (Fieldcraft) at the time, but chapter one is essentially a cadet version of that.

The issue is that PAM2 is great as part of a whole, but is a complete dead-end if you teach it alone. I still have no idea why we’re supposed to teach cadets about range cards, for example - but have no information on patrol sequences or harbour areas.

Hmmm… no formal announcement from HQAC. ATC not on distribution list. Document ‘suddenly’ appears. Document created by CTC Frimley with whom HQAC have tenuous links.

Pardon my cynicism but something tells me that this document was placed on sharepoint either in error or as a deliberate leak. Even if this IS official, then I wonder what the RC’s will make of it and how many will allow the activities contained therein, to happen? Even if the M Qual courses did happen, how many staff will gain permission to use them?

That said, I’d love to have my cynicism proved wrong but something DOES smell a little fishy and it ain’t my prawn sandwich…

This was uploaded to bader because it’s a reference document (along with Pam 21-C) for students attending the SA(M)07 course. It should also be used as a reference when conducting advanced fieldcraft & tactics training by ACO personnel iaw ACP16 para 8.

We think that’s a good idea, but we’d need a syllabus first.

This is just a training manual, extant policy is still contained in ACP16, so without Wg Cdr Trg approval, the more advanced stuff can’t be taught.

Thanks for clarifying.

Interestingly, I have just had some paperwork pass through Cranwell and Wg Cdr TG which referenced this document as the Pamphlet from which lessons will be taught, so with the right approvals, yes we can use it, backed by authority from on high!

[quote=“acoctt” post=16863]

This is just a training manual, extant policy is still contained in ACP16, so without Wg Cdr Trg approval, the more advanced stuff can’t be taught.[/quote]

The more advanced stuff? What like?

Fire and Manouvre, Harbour areas, section and platoon battle drills and several other things not in ACP 16