Gazetting Query

Thank you. Should it have been done by now?

My appointment in the 90s was in the gazette a month after the RC chat. I only knew this as a mate of mine told me and much later I found it online, as I did subsequent promotions.

You are still in your 12 month probation and while wearing Plt Off having completed OIC at ATF remain an APO by the personnel team at HQAC.

12 months after your initial appointment (completion of probation) you will recognised as a Plt Off by HQAC and this will be promulgated by your WgHQ personnel updates by promotion to Plt Off.

It at this point you will be gazetted with the date of your “official” promotion to Plt Off.

For some reason your 12 month probation as an APO is not counted or included I gazetting.

1 Like

I was made Plt Off on the system by HQAC the month after OIC, despite that being 5 months short of the 12 month probation period, so I’m not sure that’s being followed to the letter.

My resignation has yet to be published now it’s over a year since it was submitted. All my appointments promotions and extensions have been published.

Had an embarrassing letter from HQAC which was written by someone on work experience I recon as no admin person could ever make that many mistakes and keep their job…

Perhaps they don’t know what I resigned from… VR(T) or CFC???

But it is included in the 2 years to Fg Off, I assume?

But interestingly (and not wanting to reopen the CCF/ATC debate) there is no mention of Acting Pilot Officer as a rank in the CCF(RAF). They do reference Acting S/Lt in the CCF(RN) though. You’d have thought that this being a new publication and all they would have got it right… Looks like each section has widely different requirements for promotion.
I’ve also spotted that they’ve kept time served promotion to Flt Lt and Sqn Ldr, (but got rid of time served Wg Cdr) with no apparent restriction on section commanders being Flt Lt, even straight after OIC.

Interesting: that made me go to the new CCF regs where I see that CCF(RAF) are the only service not offering promotion to OF4 if Contingent Commander in OF3 rank after 20 years’ service. Ironic, as it was the Army who were pushing for the abolition of that promotion. To be fair the table you quote offers that option on request but I will ask if that was a deliberate omission.

1 Like

I think HQ had been operating the “on request” for a while as my old Contingent Commander used to keep complaining that they were refusing his time served Wing Commander

He flies AEF out of RAF Benson. Would that be the reason?

Yes. AEF pilots are still VRT.

I am not sure of the process that ensures HQAC sends out the info to the Gazette… I was Gazetted Aug 17 as PO, attended OIC Jan 18 as Fg Off… called up for my scroll as Fg Off - but no sign of that in the Gazette…

That question was answered months ago… why answer it again with the same answer?

Late in the evening I didn’t read through all of the replies and I couldn’t see a solution marked on here for that point. Hey, I’m new here :grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

…as otherwise the CAA wouldn’t allow them to fly civilian aircraft while ‘unqualified’. (Technically.)

Reckonable service? Is this just Commission Service or entire RAFAC service?

It won’t count CI/cadet time

Thanks, but what about SNCO time?

Thanks to lockdown, it’s been a year since my APO appointment so when I finish my OIC course does that mean I should be Gazetted?

Should be. But nothing seems to be happening in that front at the moment

1 Like