FW Jackets

They didn’t want to use these images either.
ap1358c-lark1 ap1358c-lark2

2 Likes

The gas masks :joy:

I think I recognise that broom…

Isnt the top photo in violation of the 6inch rule anyways…

First thought. Second was less appropriate.

It’s Trigger’s

5 Likes

not so, there is no separate clothing scale for CCF officers compared to ATC. I can confirm we are issued GPJ and have been since at least when I joined in 2003.

Of course, many of us would never actually wear such a monstrosity. Mine lives in the wardrobe gathering dust.

Speaking to the Logs man at HQ while at ATF he confirmed there is different scaling… :thinking:

That is outrageous. Although we now appear to have a different commission as well.

#oneRAFAC

Someone needs to get their hands on the up to date scales…

In 2004, at least, CCF Officers were scaled for GPJs and Jeltex:

Please expand?

We’re commissioned into the Combined Cadet Force (RAF). We also have to wear the CCF TRF rather than the RAF one.

But back on topic I got my order form through a few months ago and the GPJ was on there

As Farmerdan says the commissioning scroll now says we are commissioned into CCF(RAF) or ATC, not RAFVR, so we are no longer it appears RAFAC officers who can be deployed into either.

Which is odd as it would have been simple to make them all say RAFAC; and that is the postnominal, after all.

Sadly from experience CCF officers cannot serve on ATC Sqns unless they have first attended OASC.
As per ACP 20.

Not my rules, dont shoot the messenger.

Stupid in my opinion, just have all CCF attend OASC and then transfers if desried are no issue.

Although I did giggle when my appointment letter said I had been appointed to a Cadet Forces Commission to serve in the CCF under the regulations in JSP313 (or words to that effect). JSP 313 still clearly stating that CCF(RAF) officers are to hold VR commissions.

1 Like

Not as simple as that.

Imagine you are a teacher; your head asks you to help with the CCF. You say ‘sure, if that’s what you want’ and go to OASC. You fail, because you don’t really have the skills or mindset for it, even though the school felt you were a good candidate. You return to your school a failure; you’ve let them down and now they need to find someone else. Now imagine the conversation at your next performance review.

On the other hand, if an ATC candidate fails, they aren’t likely to suffer for it at work.

Thats a fair point. Something for HQAC to work on im sure.

But equally fair is that no OASC means an unequal selection. Simply getting “the nod” from a head teacher means far less than passing even the AirCadet OASC.

Surely everyone Commissioning should either not go to OASC or go to OASC.?

They do go through a filter interview with either OC TEST, or in rare cases one of the TEST SNCOs who has been specifically trained.

You have a scroll!!!
Don’t keep mentioning it, everyone will want one!!!
Still haven’t got one! Lost my VR(T) scroll when I sent it back as they couldn’t spell “Leatherworker” correctly!

1 Like

No, actually, to be fair I don’t. I’ve seen some for new officers though. My CCFRN and CCF Army colleagues do.

PS HQAC have never got my postnominals in the right order. I’ve given up.

1 Like