Football Chat

Well, you were right…

I hate to say I told you so, but I’m glad we didn’t win. We didn’t deserve to based on nearly every game in the tournament. Hopefully Kane retires now, Southgate leaves and we play some positive attacking football.

4 Likes

Best analytical response I’ll read of the 2024 tournament i reckon

1 Like

I blame brexit.

1 Like

I like big red buses, I’m sorry :cry:

Yeah, Southgate has taken England as far as he can and Kane’s tine at that level is over, certainly in the starting XI.

3 Likes

The FA will want an English manager of, as I’ve heard it called, ‘the English school of football’ unfortunately the English school if assessed by Ofstead would grade ‘requires improvement’.

Southgate is 10 to 15 years behind in footballing managers terms, there are no English managers that have that 1% which differentiates a good manager from an outstanding one. Only two in recent times have had that 1% Klopp and Guardiola for different reasons.

Don’t get the obsession with Klopp, 1 Premier League in 9 years and people compare him to Alex Ferguson :rofl:

2 Likes

The obsession is that similar of Brian Clough. He may have won them promotions and a couple of cups but as a person for the City he was huge. And that’s all I shall add about Klopp.

When you are up against Guardiola and his resources plus 115 charges against his club, you wonder if there is a level playing field?

Finished 3rd this year so can’t blame that on Man City :rofl:

It’s only football FGS!

2 Likes

Of course, it’s only football. We live for the games, so to speak, come rain or shine. But I’m talking about the man who is Klopp. You only have to search up what he’s done for the People of Merseyside and local communities. He was more than just the coach, Arne has big shoes to fill on and off the field.

1 Like

Time to start thinking about fantasy league!

This is also making me excited

1 Like

Hardly relevant to @bob claiming that

When his results don’t really show it, certainly no reason to want him as England Manager.

If he has any sense, he wouldn’t want the job.

Bye bye Southgate.

Live: Gareth Southgate quits as England manager - reaction - BBC Sport

2 Likes

Surely he would rather wait for the Germany job, if international management is his ambition.

2 Likes