Football Chat

That’s one advantage of Brexit. EU players will be subject to the visa requirements which would prevent quite a few of the less able ones coming in

Always a premium on English Players, Andy Carroll to Liverpool is a prime example of 1 good season attracting a stupid value purely coz he’s English.

1 Like

It was a bit of a catalyst for others too.

Came across this today:

2 Likes

Liverpool, you’ve broken Barcelona haha That did make me laugh a little :joy:

1 Like

It was Andy Robertson ruffling Meesai’s hair and the look on his face of ‘I’m a god you can’t do that’.

2 Likes

What’s the bet Saints balls up the derby tonight

And Everton get beaten by Sheffield Wednesday. Silva it is reported only has three games, lost at the weekend game tonight and Man City at the weekend.

Like a lot of managers, sack them but and it’s a big but who replaces them?

Don’t even joke…

I don’t care about the next round, this is a must win

1 Like

At least everyone is starting in their usual position tonight :+1:

Well the Southampton fans were idiots walking from Fratton!

Liverpool now won 8 drawn 0 lost 0. Hard game today but we won. Everton beaten again 1-0 captain sent off, Silva looking precarious.

Tottenham hammered again but losing Lloris with a bad elbow fracture will not help, hope it’s not career threatening, will be a long recovery. Dependng on the Man U result to come will Poch end up at Old Trafford if Ole is DTFR’d or Goodison?

I’ve only watched some MOTD and I can’t see what makes Liverpool so unbeatable currently, unless teams are going in with an OMG it’s Liverpool as seems to happen with teams when they are having a purple patch, which I always feel gives them an advantage.

Solskjaer seems to have happen, what seems to happen to a lot of caretaker managers, get the job, come in not have to worry too much as there is not a lot expected and be relatively successful compared to the previous manager. The players for whatever reason start to do what they get paid (far too much) to do … play football. But then they get the job full time and all of a sudden the pressure increases and they seem to go off the boil and the players start to forget what they are getting paid for. I just hope Man U give him the time to find his feet and tell the press to get stuffed. The number of times our man Arsne got kept on, when other clubs would have binned him.
He seemed to do OK in Norway, but I would imagine there is a big gap between their top league and ours and a difference between playing in it and managing a team in it, as shown at Cardiff.

As a lifelong follower of the Highbury Reds, Martinelli seems to have taken to the Premiership, but not so keen on the way people have been saying he will be the next … let him play and see how he develops. But he doesn’t seem a bad buy for £6M thus far. I hoping we don’t do the usual fade over the winter and end up fighting for 4th.

I’m not sure I have enough wine for the second half :man_shrugging::man_facepalming:

It’s, er…quite something!

I was there last time a single team scored 8 goals at St Mary’s … luckily this time sat in the comfort of home

Poor old scummers.
Couldnt happen to a nicer team!

Play up Pompey, Pompey play up.
… wish they would… league 1 is yawn!

I was at arms drill training last night and the cadets who are all Bournemouth fans had great enjoyment keeping me updated on the score :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

I think I need a new hobby… :disappointed:

1 Like

A wins a win

Eventually.

Did not look likely after the first half performance

1 Like