Football Chat

Top three to be gone by Christmas.
Solschar
Bruce
Lampard
Add Silva as a 4th

Sunderland back to their losing ways.

3-0 away at Peterborough and down to 9 men at 75mins. Shocking.

Liverpool continuing their run of form 3-0 against Burnley. W4 D0 L0 12 points. YNWA.

1 Like

Could it finally be their year?

It’s 4 games in, so now seems the right time to judge!

1 Like

Far far too early to say, internationals are coming up which are an injury trap. Ask me at the end of the season.

As long as they don’t “slip up” :joy::joy::joy:

Ouch!

Well it’s thee derby game today…
I just hope the troubles of the last 48hrs in Glasgow doesn’t spill into the stadium :crossed_fingers:

Hopefully it will be a good game with a good number of goals.

Don’t know what was worse…
Getting called into work an hour before kick off

Or getting away much much later to find out we lost

:sleepy:

At least you didn’t have to watch it?

1 Like

I think we need an ACC fantasy league next season

3 Likes

I’m in favour of an ACC fantasy league!

1 Like

I’m sure we used to have one of those and a fantasy F1 league too

That was a load of chuff last night, starting with a right back at left back and the part time left back at right back :roll_eyes:

Its bullpoop…the proper derby is on Tues though! Cant be losing that one

1 Like

Won 5 drawn none lost none, the march onwards continues. Yes, we lost against Napoli but I’d trade the Champions league this season for the Premiership. YNWA…

1 Like

Played 6 won 6 drawn 0 lost 0. United a proper shamables but Chelsea responding using young players are actually developing into a good team. Tottenham appear to have peaked and are now declining. City, hammering Watford was a warning to everyone.

If Pickford at Everton is the best as an English goalkeeper then England winning anything in the near future looks remote.

2 Likes

Pickford is one of those players who seems to over perform at international level, though.

But the opposition has been consistantly of a low level, not on a par with Germany Spain Italy or France. That is when he maybe severly found out. It shows the dearth of Premiership goalkeeping talent who are eligable to play for England.

TBH the fact we have so many players from abroad is preventing British players getting a look in old problem How many youth set up players get into the first flight? If these aren’t going to get into the first team we aren’t going anywhere as a nation and have a reducing pot to pick from.

I recall Arsne Wenger saying he would like to buy British players, but lower division sides want too much for players because they know a top team is interested, whereas he could go to the continent and buy young players with a top flight experience and even international experience for a fraction.

I also think there should be cap on wages so that the big teams aren’t such a draw for foreign players where foreign investment can mean obscene pay packets.