Football Chat

What a dismissive post. :face_with_monocle:

I have raised it with the club, however as it’s clearly football and related to the RAF I think it’s very appropriate to discuss here.

The Dambusters raid would almost certainly be classed as a war crime if carried out today. It’s celebrating a bombing attack in Europe which killed 1200-1600 civilians. Much like the attacks in Ukraine where non-combatants suffer badly from potentially illegal bombing and missile strikes.

Was it a marvel of engineering and bravery? Yes. Did it help end the war? Possibly. Was it acceptable conduct at the time under international law? Debatable. Should it be celebrated now? No.

I’m not a fan of cancel culture by any extent but sometimes there is a good reason behind it

1 Like

Why then is it played regularly at concerts and graduations by the Central Band of the RAF?

This ‘cancel’ culture is ridiculous. I say again, linking the Dambusters March to the Russian Invasion of Ukraine is just ridiculous in the extreme.

Ok, you’ve made your point.

2 Likes

It’s also nothing new, has been happening for centuries, and is merely a phrase designed to get people worked up for no reason.

Well done for falling into the trap.

2 Likes

Amen!!

Rumors in the week that CR7 not in Ten Hag’s Man Utd plan.

CR7 scores hat trick to avoid embarrassing home defeat to bottom of the league Norwich :thinking:

1 Like

The amount of rebuilding to create a functional team and harmonious squad it makes sense.

So much at the moment (and last few years) is due to individual performances - the same few players - and when those don’t turn up they’re lifeless.

He’s still great in moments, but is not immortal. How do you build a squad around a talisman that will be gone before long?

Also, imagine coming to the club to be part of its future and sitting next to CR7, or looking up to shoot and seeing him near to you screaming for the ball, or busting a gut to press or get back while he’s mincing. It’ll play with your head, however much you were drawn there because of him.

Plus getting rid signals a fresh start and is a statement of intent - doesn’t matter who you are, you can be dropped.

On to more important news…

Another cracker between City and Liverpool!

Would love the CL final to be another meeting.

1 Like

Gonna pinch this example.

Bloody hilarious.

We all knew this was gonna happen!

Paid £12 of my hard-earned money to watch my team fighting relegation on Sky against a team chasing promotion/the league title…

Should have saved my money for the bar at the wing dinner :sweat_smile:

Football Eh!

Bloody Hell

1 Like

Could have been worse, imagine being a Man City fan tonight.

3 Likes

Mmm tasty!

Exciting final day of the Prem at the both the top and the bottom.

Damn that Gundogan…

Bittersweet

On the plus side the bin dippers didn’t win the league and we got Champions League next season at the expense of the Gooner Scum.

On the downside Leeds managed to stay up.

1 Like

Liverpool managing to provide competition these last few years and keep City looking over their shoulders this season is stopping the league from becoming a joke - no one else is even coming close.

Granted there was a blip last year and through gritted teeth I’ll admit that Utd had a freak season to reach second (66 6th, 66 3rd, 74 2nd, 58 6th and 66 points would still have been 3 behind 5th) but that was still 12 behind City.

There would be nothing worse than one team being crowned 4-6 weeks early every year and being 20+ points ahead every May. That’s exactly what British fans traditionally point and laugh at about other leagues.

And sorry, but Leeds are the better team out of them and Burnley. I’m glad they managed it. I’m also not from the “wishing Everton to go down camp” and am glad they stayed up.

Ukraine gave Scotland a proper thumping!

1 Like

I was at meeting last night with two Scots and they said Scotland would be lucky to draw.