First Class Logbooks

Do you mean the paper ACPs or workbooks?

The workbooks, yes, although they’ve changed a couple times over the past couple years so get new over spare stock to be sure.

I’m not quite sure what you are asking. . .

You can provide the cadets with a digital First Class Cadet Logbook and/or any other notebook for other classifications. The trouble comes with how the cadets access that Digital book . . . They don’t have access to Sharepoint or OneDrive and you can’t share documents externally. They can’t upload things to their own Cadet Record so the only way I can think of is setting up your own cloud share that the cadets are accessing, but then you are working outside of Bader which is also poo-pooed.

So far, it seems that Cranwell Graphics will print any PDF document you send them (if you specify output size (A5 or A4), quantity and delivery address)

I don’t think - though happy to be corrected - using a file share to distribute non-sensitive material is an issue of this type. It would have greater security than emailing it out to Cadets’ personal hotmail or other accounts.

To be 100% secure might create an SMS event to attach the files to. It can then be deleted once no longer needed.

A better system - within Bader - is needed though

Are we after cadets having access to the workbook, or ability to save and store edited workbooks?

If the former then Sqn downloads section would do the job without extra faff of setting up a share or an event, or even emailing.

4 Likes

Unit Downloads is he solution for sharing.

For complete books, you could upload them to the cadet record on SMS under files, they can view these in cadet portal too

2 Likes

Both your and @Giminion‘s solutions work, thank you

Viewing the files still means pulling them off SMS and on to OneDrive but that’s a minor inconvenience

Does nothing for those who can’t/won’t use the Cadet Portal :grimacing:

I’d still like the ability to create anonymous links from Bader for example for new joiner packs for parents.

They could enable the ability for us to set view permissions for anyone with a link in OneDrive

Yes I do this for work, I have a folder with read only for people to download from and write only for them to return the completed forms.

If they can’t, then no other digital solution would work anyway, surely?

And those who won’t, don’t… Anything.

Sometimes we just have to email them, or print stuff out.

CCF can’t access portal.

1 Like

also true, and I have CCF on some of my courses