Fieldcraft policy update - Dec 2018

This was posted today on Facebook by a Air Cadet fieldcraft training team, I’ve removed reference to the wing/region

… another weekend for another course… ive only got 52 weekends a year.
Realiatically 12 for cadet stuff.
Each year 4 of these are taken up with reccurant training, WI, RCO, Storage of arms, AVIP, AFA, Adv Tg, DofE, etc etc

Enough is enough.
HQAC BE ON NOTICE, I AM GOING TO BIN AREAS OF MY EXPERTISE AS THE RE-CURRENT TRAINING IS NOW NO LONGER WORTH MY TIME. THEN TOO MANY BLOCKERS FOR CONDUCTING ACTIVITY.

MY TIME IS VALUABLE.

I AM A VOLUNTEER

Which seat warmers on FTRS don’t recognise, most CFAV as I have been have families that tolerate or even start to hate and detest the ACO, not love it to the exclusion of all other commitments. If you work shifts which include nights and weekends which maybe you are working 2 out of 4 weekends constantly then you can see why the ACO has probems attracting staff.

CFAVs have to work, as that keeps the wolf from the door plus homes and families intact, they are far more important than the ACO in the grand scheme of things.

Not to mention that the day jobs fund the vast majority of what they do in terms of cadet activities and lots of little bits people spend money on and don’t claim back.
HQAC rely on this goodwill and know they can freely abuse it.

Stuff goes wrong - as long as procedures are followed then no one will get into trouble. Likewise, if someone has clearly done something outside of a procedure that they knew full-well that they should follow, then they will get it in the neck and the rest of the world will carry on.

With FT, it was the procedure itself that was found to be lacking.

How absolutely anal…

How so? That’s the requirements. What is posted there appears fully correct and doesn’t go beyond what’s necessary…

Then my comments refer to the requirements that have been created. Just that.