Face Covering

Unless it’s issued, we can’t mandate what pattern, colour, etc.

We could ask them to have a plain coloured one.

I’d rather they had one, than not able to parade.

3 Likes

I would love to have the problem of facemasks on my unit but living in Wales we have not yet received authorisation for staff to routinely enter their unit let alone cadets.

2 Likes

Schools generally taking the line ‘any colour, but plain’. Though I have a rather fetching MTP one.

I see Cadet direct are selling black, “DPM” and “MTP” masks, but no working or wedgwood blue?!

1 Like

Some of our school’s arent fussed about colour/pattern/plainness - they just want the kids to wear them and - more crucially - to stop touching each other!!

Interestingly one of our schools with a very relaxed policy on face mask have just lost their Year 12 for 2 weeks. And are very quickly loosing their staff who are suddenly symptomatic.

it is much like the approach to a wet weather jacket/waterproofs

would i rather a Cadet have
A) a crisp-packet working blue coat or DPM set of waterproofs
B) any “civilian” set of waterproofs jacket that fits them and is serviceable
C) nothing at all

C is not an option, and A is a struggle based on availability, so we aim for A, while accepting B

with the face masks, it is only B, C remains not an option and as we don’t have an “A” (ie issued) we accept B

2 Likes

I dunno, I’ve had some near fights over this. I swear some people really don’t care about cadets and are happy with option C if option A isn’t available.
Maybe better for GMG.

It’s possible you have different opinions on how much cold and wet cadets can endure without actual physical or mental harm, just some mild discomfort.

E.g. I am comfortable with cadets standing outside in moderate rain for 20 minutes on a Remembrance Parade, rather than cancel the parade because I don’t have Jeltex for them all. As long as they don’t have underlying medical problems etc.

i am referring to the majority of sane, reasonable CFAVs

“in general B is preferred over C”

1 Like

Problem is. We dont have concrete info on any underlying health issues.

I have lost count of how many times undeclared health issues from both cadets and staff have caused issues.

Sadly we just have to cater to the lowest denominator.

Or better still, be more prepared and take Jeltexs!

As CC a couple of years ago I had one cadet wearing Jeltex with greens. I had naff all problems with it as they were dry and I’d happily challenge anyone who wanted to argue with me about it (and there are photos on social media too!)

1 Like

Anyone else received the spam message from someone selling shiny cadet forces face masks?

Yup. I would assume (and hope) for a message to get through to that many inboxes it would have to be approved

Same Company?

That’s the one.

I believe that company is owned by some CFAVs so would be interesting to see if it was authorised!

1 Like

I don’t think it was authorised. They would have mentioned it in the email, or HQ would have sent the message to us. Sounds like a CFAV got hold of either all the emails or used a send to all email address.

You would appear to be correct. It’s registered at a shell service address in London (that I’ve come across professionally with lots of companies using it as a service address). Looking at the names of the two directors and searching then in the RAFAC email directory leads to matches, both in Staffs wing.

1 Like

I didn’t get an email. I don’t think it was sent to ‘all’ emails. To be honest, it wouldn’t be hard to work out that you could send to oc.100@rafac, oc.101@rafac, oc.102@rafac… etc etc

Got mine. :wink:

4 Likes