Face Covering

Can you please advise

No there isn’t.

And personally and being super fussy about uniform I’d not challenge them. I’d rather staff were back and wearing a mask. Retention is the priority here not uniform.

Although if it was offensive or bought the organisation into disrepute a conversation would be had

1 Like

An animal figure? How exactly is that offensive? Or not setting a standard?

Surely the fact they are wearing a mask and not complaining about it, and returned to wearing uniform is the standard you want, not the colour or pattern of mask. I think you need to get out more.

10 Likes

Surely by wearing a mask in the first place they are setting an example.

Think there’s a lot more important things to be concerned with than a small animal on the side of someone’s mask. Would be interesting to see what someone would try and report them for :thinking:

3 Likes

Please provide more details so we can better judge either him or you.

2 Likes

The reference is

In our Region there’s been common sense applied that this is PPE and it’s more important that people wear one than we force them to wear specific colours / styles when it isn’t required.

Any of the Facebook dress regs police would quote policy and reference - there isn’t one, it’s not going into dress regs, and I for one, wouldn’t care what ANY personnel wear (cadet or CFAV) - I’ve taken the approach of tattoos and T-shirt’s - no offensive slogans or words :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh thank you. I’ve needed a good laugh today!

5 Likes

As long as it’s not got a great on it I’d back off and be grateful that they’ve turned up.

Sure, offensive stuff is a no-no, but after that it’s personal choice.

2 Likes

A comment made all the better coming from Animal himself.

(Yes, people on this forum are their profile pictures, not their name to me).

3 Likes

Project123 - what exactly do you expect from this member of staff?

Do you expect a face mask made in RAF blue\grey with it being ironed and half a dozen starched-in creases? Would you take a spirit level to this persons face to ensure that the creases are straight?

Get a life, me old son.

6 Likes

I think the real concern with face masks should be how far from the top we iron in the box pleats.

5 Likes

3 pleat masks only.
Top pleat or pleat 1 to
Sit no lower than 15mm from top of nose.
Bottom pleat or pleat 3 is to be no more than 20mm from your Chin.

Straps are to be looped
Round ears with the exacta same
Length going from ear to mask above and below the ear.

1 Like

Is there a legal distance between where ones mask stops and ones sideburns start?

Asking for a friend.

2 Likes

No more than 15mm

Thanks. I’ll let her know.

10 Likes

I sense the OP will be reflecting and having a word with one self in the mirror given the replies here :joy:

It was only a matter of time before this came up in a post on here. Just be grateful you’re back at it and your staff are being conscious of safety, it’s more than can be said for some members of the public!

6 Likes

Serious need to get a life detected.

1 Like

What did I miss?

He’s edited his initial post somewhat, but in essence, he was upset that one of his staff was wearing a mask with an animal figure on one side, rather than a plain one.

2 Likes