F1 Chat

Pretty much.

I’m sure some of the teams will moan about it, I think the amount of running time will be similar as they are swapping out the practice session.

Running time might be similar, but running strain won’t be. There’s a substantial pace differential between running in practise and running in a race, not to mention the prospect of damage.

Oh yeah the running will defo be harder on the parts.

Just seen;
“teams are now allowed an extra ICE, Turbo, MGU-H and MGU-K without penalty for 2023 with immediate effect. (4 instead of 3)”

Makes sense.

2 Likes

Haven’t Ferrari already taken a penalty though?

To be fair, Ferrari aren’t going to be effected by these changes causing more wear on the car parts because their cars are just going to blow up anyway :man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yeah had just seen that too.

Makes sense

Yes but for battery and/or control electronics

This qualifying session just feels like I’m watching a practise session. Everyone seems to be a bit all over the place!

Ferrari looking competitive again! Now they’ve just got to hope they don’t have any breakdowns!

Just catching up, looks like it could be a good race

1 Like

Poor Logan, was putting in some good sector times.

1 Like

A lot of other people either on a flying lap or trying to get across the line to start one!

Perfect timing for the safety car there. Just as Max was on pit exit

Last lap pit lane :eyes::eyes:

1 Like

Bit of a squeeky bum moment that…

That was shocking, very lucky no one was injured there

MMH - It’s a race weekend
GMG - it’s America so Danica Patrick is back :pensive:

I’m so far very impressed with George. Spent most of P1 with his car in the pit being fixed, (or un-modded!) then went out and did some dam fast laps!