F/MT600 & MyDrive

You’ll get used to stuff being refused on my drive.

I’m a tow instructor, and drive a MATT every day, sign people off for towing, tow aircraft and GSE.
I’ve dropped tractors off at MT when they break down, and yet I consistently have my Auth refused as there is “no evidence” that I drive it.

It’s not limited to cadets :rofl:

Do they ever question how it got there or do you have a ‘Startrek’ transporter system?

Nope. Never been questioned why I’m driving something.

Until it’s time to do the decent thing and actually make myself legal to drive it.

Not that I’m “legal” to drive it.

Thing ways 5 ton, only the RAF says I can drive it.

In just gonna rock up to duty bod on Families day with my old FMT600 and ask the Q

PM inbound.

I’m in the same boat, told me I need to do a GS course so I can get SV on my drive, again despite years and years of landy’s and trailers, even did my LGV through ODI… none of it counts! Total farce

1 Like

My MT was asked to get in touch with me due to issues with accessing MyDrive. Nothing heard.

Vehicle types rejected without notification.

Uploaded driving records and resubmitted vehicle types. Rejected again with no notification or guidance.

Computer says no!!!

If you organise can i tag along!

1 Like

Trying to get my transition to MyDrive sorted now. Can’t say I’m looking forward to it; I can say it will rapidly enter the ‘too difficult’ box as soon as it becomes too much of a faff. Taking a days leave to drive down to the MT section to do get this stuff sorted means I want to get everything nailed in a onner. If I can’t drive centre vehicles as a result because MT make life too hard…well tough. Best pay VA for a professional driver to come in.

Am I missing something, is MyDrive a national system or does every station have its own MyDrive? Isn’t the whole point of a computer system is that everyone’s driving credentials can be checked by all MT sections on all RAF stations. If you cannot then what is the point

You are assigned to a Hub (ie. your parent station) and they check / approve your competencies. Thus you are still subject to the vagaries / variances of the local MT section personalities.

The system is global, but the approvals are local. You can assign other hubs, and choose which one approves a competency when you submit it, but I’m not sure of the value of that when your training records etc will sit with your parent station?

The issue is that whilst they get to see your licence, they aren’t approving people unless they also see proof of “training”.

To everyone in the real world the proof is you did a driving test, after being taught.

It’s even more stupid if you’ve done your D1 at Leconfield. They still want proof of training. Of course, no one ever gave proof because they didn’t need it, so now I can’t drive anything needing an FMT600 despite being legally able to.

Entry in the HHGG on MT sections.
MT section (RAF), A place for storing vehicles.
If vehicles get used, they will not need to be stored.
QED then we will not need an MT section. Better not let anyone use our vehicles.

Is it also varying from station to station?

We had a FTRS WO at a wing conference who was pushing the MT side but she seemed to getting tied up in knots about the legislation & what the RAF was asking for & what actually happens in civilian world (she was saying you need to evidence your rest periods from work).

According to her the army & Navy aren’t running a “proper” system like the but in general it’s seems like a complete mess that no one understands as they haven’t worked in fleet management & everyone is doing things differently.

It’s a pity they can’t get someone from hertz or maybe one of emergency service fleet managers to come in to helps& advise

1 Like

How many times was ‘contact you local Traffic Commissioner’ mentioned! We had a briefing and that was the fallback position.

1 Like

Yet another thing that is falling into the ‘too difficult’ box for volunteers
Knock on is

• less drivers able to use vehicles
  • less activities being run due to lack of drivers
  • loss of skills in activities as no opportunity to stay current
  • loss of activities as no one skilled to run
  • loss of cadets as no activities to do

Is there a thread about a Death Spiral some where?

2 Likes

Same with blanket stackers and stores.

“Stores are for storing!” If they were supposed to issue the stuff, they’d be called ‘Issues’ rather than ‘Stores’ – or so I’ve been told.

1 Like

What is a traffic commissioner and how would I find my local one?